Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting Out :0)

Hey all!
Just posting a little bit of an intro. I'm mid-30's, married to a wonderful man, and have a step-daughter (13 in a month) and a toddler (girl) who is into everything! I've always been over-weight. That's not an exaggeration. I was always in the 90th percentile on weight and height as a child and as a teenager continued to gain. I was around 230 in college. Now I'm almost at 300 and I know I have to do something.

Went to my doctor today. He is one of the best around. My husband is a Registered Nurse at the hospital and really respects this guy. Anyway, my mother-in-law recently lost around 50 lbs on Medifast. I talked to the doctor about it and he seemed to think as long as I stick to the plan and follow up on the transitional stage (to keep weight off) that it would be a good thing.

So as soon as we adjust our budget and get the food delivered, I'm off like a herd of turtles! But I also wanted a place where I could get support and encouragement because I know it's not going to be easy. It's a lifestyle change and will take a long time to reach my goal. But it's time!

Anyhoo, that's my story!
sarabrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there & Welcome to 3FC =)

I've always been overweight as well. No kidding. Since I was about 5 onward.

Good luck with your Medifast program! There's a Medifast section under Diet Central, there's a 30-something's area, and the 100lb Club and all sorts of other sections. No need to stick to just one!

Post wherever you're comfortable and I hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome, Lovely! Plus all the info, too.
sarabrooke is offline   Reply With Quote