Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Default Hi, I'm new

Hi people, I am new here. 27 male from Ireland. I am not sure if this is a women only place, I saw the "Chicago Marathon 2012" topic and a guy posting, so guessed all are welcome. If it is a women only I do apologise for intruding.

I am approx half way to my goal weight (But feel the pace of weight loss slowing down, still motivated but the increments are getting smaller - still in the right direction though), have lost over 35 lbs, and less than that left to go to get to my goal weight. I Must say when I began my first consultation and saw a model of what 5 lbs of fat actually is, to feel physically the weight and see the size of it, it shocked me and from then on I never looked back. For anyone struggling to start, I reccommend you to purchase or see one of these.

My diet is a low carb, higher protein diet along with exercise. I play some soccer twice a week, and go to the gym for an hour here or there during the week, with a 2 hour plus workout Sunday.

Anyway I hope to get to know all ye people (If guys are allowed!) and wish ye all the best on yere journeys.

Dieting : "Its ok to cheat, but not to quit".
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hello there =)

Welcome to 3FC!

This is an "everybody" place and you are more than welcome to post anywhere you're comfortable.

Keep around and keep at it ^^ Congratulations on the excellent healthy changes you've made so far!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'9''

Whats the story! just did a search for ireland to see if there were any other paddys on here and here you are. Good for you to get half way, I'm just starting out from gaining back all the weight i had previously lost grrrr.

I'm 27 as well, starting ww on monday, been working out for the last week and its killing me but feels so worth it. 35lb? thats like 2 and a half stone.
Fair play man! How long has it taken you?

Feel free to pm me if you want to, and remember IS FEIDIR LINN!
sillykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Hey guys

Irish here too.. a Dub.. wishing you both the best of luck.

29 here, following the Mediterranean diet, lost just under 3 stone over the past couple of years. Anyway, gimme a shout anytime!

Sarah
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #5  

Hi fellow irish people!
Sillykitten : I am down 40 lbs (My aim next week is to break 3 stone, 42 lbs). I have lost 40 lbs in 8 weeks and am delighted so far. Much more energy and get up and go. Best of luck with yours and keep at it. I would p.m you but dont know how!lol. Maybe you can p.m me!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I like how you have a sport to play. I haven't tried any yet don't know where to start. Did you always play soccer?
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #7  

Hi Lilies, yeah I always had an interest in soccer, but due to fitness (and an injury!) and being overweight I couldnt enjoy it for the last few years, as much as I would have liked, but starting to more now. Are you an outdoor or indoorsy type? This could narrow your celection down, i.e badminton or squash are indoor, tag rugby, soccer, jogging or cycling are outside. I guess once you are doing something exercise wise its good, and if you enjoy doing it, then its great. Also the non fitness benefits are good too, it can be a social outlet too. And we all had to start somewhere.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #8  

I've always been an indoor person but i like looking at animals outdoors. I've tried running once a few weeks ago and kind of liked it but my neighborhood is not safe enough for that. I've been trying to find a safe place for jogging. How did you get injured?
Old 05-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #9  

Playing soccer,I managed to break my ankle/leg (Weber C fracture) - resulted in surgery and no exercise for a few months.

Is there a gym near by you could join, or any other activities you could do? Especially with the summer months ahead, its nice to get out and about especially if you seem to like jogging and the outdoors. Crazy suggestion, but maybe golf? Would be outdoors, a long walk (3 - 4 hours) and you might enjoy it and the scenery. You should google activities in your area and see what pops up, something might catch your fancy.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #10  

oh goodness. that sounds really bad.

I used to go to the gym. I own an elliptical and recumbent bike now. I keep debating whether I want to join a new one and create another bill but I've always wanted to take an aerobic class. Golf might be fun.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #11  

It was interesting looking down alright seing my ankle pointing a different direction!!lol.

I often use the elliptical / cross trainer in the gym and find it good. I often go on it for up to 2 hours (last weekend, yesterday was on it for an hour and three quarters)! Just put ipod on shuffle and away you go, but I go up in time steps. I will start for 15 minutes, and 14 minutes in I will increase it to 30, and keep doing that. That way the 2 hours doesnt seem to seem as long. Also the recumbant bike I find more comfortable than the standard exercise bike. You should weigh up the pro's and cons before you join. Last thing you want to do is join and then get fed up of it, if you have some equipment at home already.