Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #1  
Weight Loss Baby

S/C/G: 183.4 / 181.2 / 163.4

Height: 5' 8"

Default Morning, Y'all :)

Hey there!

My name is Lane, and I'm psyched to be joining you all on my weight loss journey.

A little background info about me - I'm 26, married and I work in marketing for a food manufacturing company. I've been trying to lose the same 20-30 lbs for the last few years, so I'm hoping that having an awesome support team like you guys will help me out

I'm trying to get back into tracking my calories through Livestrong (which helped me lose about 20 lbs a few years ago), and I'm very active with dance classes. I'm also trying to add some jogging (now that it's finally spring!) and strength training workouts using the Nike Training Club app on my phone.

Can't wait to hang out with you guys more - let me know if you have any tips or advice for me!

Lane
HappyLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #2  
amber

S/C/G: 320/365/220

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Lane! Sounds like you're off to a good start! There's a lot of information on this site. I hope to see you around!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:18 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Lane Sounds like you've got a great start, and a healthy attitude! Make sure to look around and post wherever you're comfortable.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #4  
Woooo Hooooo :)

S/C/G: 266.8/235/175

Height: 5'6

Hi Lane! LOVE the cow for your pic! Hehe

I'm also new here and just starting out but the trick that helped my mom lose over 200 LBS might help! I know it helped me the last time I was losing weight. The trick is to actually eat more! What most people are doing is they eat between a certain # of calories. For example I'm just starting off again so I try and stay between 1300 & 1700 calories per day. Well once your body gets used to it then it will try and hold on to as much as it can. So if you have low days (NOT under 1200 ever!) Then trick your body by giving yourself a higher calorie day. For me that would be about a 2000 day. If your body doesn't know what to expect it won't try to hold on to anything. On your higher activity days is great for your higher calorie days. You need the extra energy to sustain and recoup. My mom lost every single week using this trick until she reached her goal. I saw massive results the last time. I just didn't keep it up & went back to old habbits. I wish you the best of luck with your goal & glad to have you here!
PBmama is offline   Reply With Quote