Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/261/190

Height: 6' 2"

Default Hello Everyone

I decided to sign up for this forum and I guess this is where you start.

First, a little about myself. My name is Paul, I'm a customer service representative in a call center and a college student. I'm 20 years old, but I turn 21 on Friday. I'm a bit of a political junkie, but I won't get into that on here. My other main interest is music. I've been singing in choir for seven years and I'm working on learning bass guitar.

Now, on to weight loss. I've had weight issues since I was a child. I looked at some school photos and in first grade I looked normal, but in the second grade photo I was fat and I have been ever since.

Fast forward to last year. In April 2010 I weighed 306 pounds when I hit the panic button and decided to do something. About that time I started a temporary job with the Census Bureau and over the course of a couple of months, got down to 270. That job ended in August and I basically stopped working on my weight loss. Ever since I got my current call center job in October, I've stayed within a few pounds of the 270 mark.

I'm looking to get back on track and I think what I need is support/motivation so I decided to sign up here as well as reach out to a couple of people I know in real life.

Last edited by Paul; 05-09-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there! Congrats on your success thus far, and best wishes for your continued success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
....and I think what I need is support/motivation so I decided to sign up here...
Great plan!! LOL

So whatever you were doing while working for the census bureau (a lot of walking, I presume?) you just reincorporate that back into your life if and when you can! It worked for you, obviously. You are well on your way!!

Good luck and we'll be here cheering for you.

<-- those are 3 Fat Chicks, btw.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm looking to get back on track and I think what I need is support/motivation so I decided to sign up here as well as reach out to a couple of people I know in real life.
GREAT decision! Good luck on your journey of weight loss, having support is a wonderful place to start!

Monique
MoniqueDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 328/322/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Paul. It's hard not ever knowing what thin is or feels like. I too have had extra pounds since I could remember One thing that helps me is when I play (flute) I stand and I move to the music. Since you've picked up bass you can actually do this without people thinking you're nuts Every little bit of movement helps! You'll find a lot of support here on 3FC
Sparkly Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote