Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #1  
running myself skinny

S/C/G: 191/ticker/140

Height: 5'4 1/2

Red face Hello! New here with ZERO motivation!

Ok maybe that should say ZERO energy! I would say I have tons of motivation, just not enough energy for me to follow through! I have surgery set in 2 days for a tubal ligation so i'm hoping I can really focus on the weight loss once I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. (I tend to get pregnant when I lose weight) I am a very busy mom and just quit my full time job to be home more (for the time being) so hopefully I can get my booty in gear and drop these unwanted pounds. I am around 180ish now and would love to be 130-140s. Just wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to getting to know some of you.
taramade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Looks like we are in a similar boat. I also have no energy or motivation, but I feel so bad about how I look and feel that I know I have to do something. I also lost my job a few months back and am home full time with a special needs child. I am hoping to get him into kindergarten in the fall and have more time for exercise, but in the meantime, I at least want to jump start things by eating healthy. Your weight goal is similar to mine.

Let's make this the year we do it!!!!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #3  
running myself skinny

Nice to "meet" you! Sounds like we do have some similarities. Congrats on the weight you have lost already. May I ask which method you are using to lose it or just the standard "eat less, exercise more?" I have tried different ways of losing but due to an illness am going with something new this time. Not sure how it will go.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I actually started a raw food diet last year and was able to take off some pounds. I gradually transitioned back to cooked foods but kept some of the habits (kicking the Coca Cola habit and drinking more water).

However, the weight loss stalled. Somehow I haven't regained, but I obviously can't be complacent anymore if I want to get to a healthy weight.

I have considered lap band surgery - but I don't weigh enough! Too "thin" for drastic surgical measures, too fat to be healthy as is. I thought about pills...but I know that even if I do lose weight on diet pill, I will simply regain when I stop taking them. I did Weight Watchers twice. The first time I lost about 30 pounds, the second time I lost about 10, plateaued and stopped going to meetings. I kept paying the monthly fee....played into their psychology of not wanting to admit I had given up. Finally, cancelled the membership and stayed lazy and fat - but at least I didn't pay for the privilege.

So....here I go again....trying to find my way alone.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #5  
running myself skinny

Well, I have had great success with adipex/phentermine but the last time I took it I was having some weird heart problems/chest pains so I haven't touched them since. Not to mention it would interfere with my current meds i'm taking daily. My problem was every time I would lose 30-40 lb I would get pregnant again or get sick and have to go on steroids which also puts a lot of weight on.Every time I have to start a diet again or healthy eating it seems to get harder and harder! Good news is I had my surgery yesterday and all went well. So now I can really focus on my health and well being. =D Oh and I also tried WW and although it was a good program I had a hard time following it so I cancelled as well. I was looking into the Mediterranean diet and also the "eating clean" diet. I also even though about very bland eating and low fiber bc of having Crohn's disease. I don't know which one I will try but I think i'm leaning towards eating clean since it seems to be pretty healthy. That just sounds a bit hard. But nothing worth working for comes easy I suppose...