Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254.8 / 210.2 / 135.0

Height: 5'2

Default Yo-Yo Dieter

Hi, everyone!

My name is Jenn and I'm a 24 year old Pre-Med student. I've battled with my weight for the last ten years and it's been a long time since I've felt 100% healthy. This year I made the decision to take some time off from school and to focus on my health. Diabetes and high blood pressure run in my family and I really feel the need to address this now.

Fortunately, I've got a work out buddy, my sister (who also is dedicating more time to getting her weight & health under control) and I think this time around I can stick with a plan and lose the weight that I need to. I'll be using the TurboFire system by BeachBody and moving on to Insanity & the Brazil Butt Lift or maybe the new Zumba system after that.

Has anyone worked with a reward system? I plan on buying myself a pair of shoes with every 15 pounds lost since stilettos are something that I haven't been able to enjoy wearing due to my weight. I'd be grateful for advice or tips that you guys have.
jumelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Jenn!
Welcome to the site!! I'm new here too but so far it seems like an amazing support group which will help us stay motivated and strong. I'm a definite yo-yo dieter as well. You sound like you're serious about getting healthy this time (me too!) which is great.

I'm jealous that you have your sister to work out with. My sister and I used to do the same thing but she just moved to Argentina so it's been tough making myself go haha

I've done the reward thing but I usually reward myself with food which is obviously not a good idea! I love the stiletto idea, I think I'm going to steal it

Best of luck on your journey and hopefully I'll see you in the forums!

Last edited by Tahnee; 05-04-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Tahnee is offline   Reply With Quote