Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #1  

Smile So excited to be here!!

Hello everyone!!! I'm Tammy from California and super excited to have a place to make friends and have support during this weight loss journey. I have 100 pounds to lose...I am in week 4 and have lost 15 pounds so far. I am doing okay, but still have questions and need encouragement from time to time. 100 pounds is a lot to lose...but i know I can do this with a lot of hard work, determination and support. I would love to help support others as well. Thanks so much for this wonderful place!
tammyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! You will find there are many people on this forum have lost more than 100 pounds. It is totally doable and you can do it!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Make sure to establish some mini goals. I do mine by percentage other may choose 10 lbs and so on. =o) Makes that end goal so much more achievable and you give yourself motivation along the way. I'm a third of my way to my goal. I love looking at it that way in stead of saying well I had 45 lbs to go.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #4  

Welcome to one Newbie from another!
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome!
Atilos80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

Welcome Tammy!!!!! I'm right there with you lady! I've got 100 pounds to go and I'm ready to do it! I've only been here for 3 days but already feel so encouraged by all the love and support I've found here!!!! If you need a weight loss buddy, or someone to check in with I'm here. No one should have to lose weight alone!!!!

Again welcome!!!

-Li
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/179/150

Height: 5'5

I also have 100 lbs to lose, actually 140 lbs. We can do it!
bandarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/234/125

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!!! I'm new as well and am trying for 125 lbs.
DLSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #9  
300+ Chick

on your 15 Lbs loss so far!! Excellent!! Keep it going..Good luck with your continue efforts!!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252.2/ticker/126

Height: 5'2

Hello Tammy!

I'm new here myself and also have 100 lbs. to lose. Actually, from my highest weight, my goal is exactly half my body weight--126 lbs. It may be adjusted, but I want to shoot for it. It will be awesome to say that I've lost my half my body weight!

I've lost up to 40 lbs. in the past, but I would always go back to my old habits. This time around I'm trying to change my perspective--I'm not going to eat special foods or anything. I'm just recording my food every day, every bite while trying to restrict calories. I'm also trying to teach myself to eat more balanced--less fats, less sugar and more veggies and fruit. I also am trying to get in shape. I want to make these changes permanently, not just while I'm in weight loss phase.

Calorie counting is the method that has worked the best for me. I find WW points and food exchanges to be too confusing. Plus it is much easier to find the caloric value. There are a lot of online food journals. I use a free one called Nutrimirror--just google it. I love it--it not only does calories, but incorporates the whole nutrition label, like nutrients, fat, cholesterol, etc. That way you can see how healthy your diet is overall.

I also recommend making a lot of mini goals. I have a document on my computer with around 40 mini goals on it. I pick certain benchmarks to celebrate (BMI/weight under certain #, certain # lost, etc.). I also have little reward for myself when I reach them. For instance, I buy a new pair of shoes every 10 lbs.--I'm pretty cheap when it comes to shopping though (my first pair cost $15). And it's also fun to have a "fat outfit" (one that you fit into at your highest weight) and take a picture in it every so often.

Best wishes as you start this journey!

Last edited by shepherdgirl; 04-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.
shepherdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote