Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #1  
is chubby

Smile Introduction

Greetings to all !

I am a chubby young adult searching for inspiration and support to help me with my weight-loss.

I used to be a very fit and normal-weight child, but as I became 16 I had to study to enter the University of my Choice and abandoned all physical activity for two years. Once I entered the University I wanted I had to begin making my own food choices, as I was far away from home, and those weren’t exactly the best. I begun eating junk food and felt I had no time to clean vegetables and peel fruit.

Last year I reached 168 pounds and was on the border to become obese. My self-esteem when it came to my appearance has always been lower than it should, partly thanks to my non-supportive peers, and it became worse as I had to buy new larger clothes to fit my new figure.

Weight never was a real social problem in my Uni years. I have friends, acquaintances and a steady boyfriend for five years now, but my position in society was always that of the nice chubby girl that was constantly being poked about her weight. Somehow being told that you’re being liked “despite your weight” feels hollow also. People naturally assume that I am lazier and have less self-control than thinner people and it somewhat hurts. Somehow whatever I do is seen through a different filter because I am chubby.

So last year I said enough was enough. I have decided to change my life forever. I first abandoned take-out food, then stopped drinking soda-pop, then I stopped eating meat. I got used to all these changes for three months and then begun counting calories.

I now eat 1700 calories a day, 6 portion of veggies/fruit included, and cycle for half an hour a day for 16,4 kilometers. One year later from the beginning of my efforts I am 159 pounds heavy and want to go down to 132.
It is still a very long way to go and so I ended up here searching for inspiration.

Good weight-loss everyone!
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Welcome
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Good luck with your goals. You'll find lots of inspiration and support here!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #4  
is chubby

Thanks for the welcome, both of you
Old 04-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #5  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like you've made some great strides in your weight loss...Healthy ones at that

The only thing I can think of, to help push you into losing again, is maybe do some weight lifting. With the biking you have plenty of cardio going, but adding some weight training into the mix, may help boost your metabolism, and get you going on the next amount that you want to reach your goal!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:56 AM   #6  
is chubby

I always thought weights are for show-off boys to do in gyms Shows how little I had to do with gyms in general. I used to do ballet as a kid.

So this is really an issue I have to look into. I wouldn't know how much weight to lift and exactly how, but I'll search this site and others for advice and help on it.

I'm always open and grateful for advice of course

I imagine my self doing Schwartzeneger poses now lol