Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/158/145

Height: 5' 2.5"

Question New here and Need Advice

Hello all. I am new to this forum but not my weight loss journey. I am not really sure where I fit in the spectrum on this forum. I started my journey back in August of 2009. At the time I weighed 193. Since then I have gotten down to right around 158. I am super stoked about that progress. My goal weight is currently 145. I want to get to that point and see how easy that is to maintain and see how I feel about myself.
There is one problem in this process though. I was just told YESTERDAY that I have peroneal tendonitis. That is the tendon that starts on your femur, runs down the back side of your outer ankle to your lower foot. Tendonitis itself wouldn't be so bad but the doctor believes I also have either a tear or what is called tendon subluxation (which is where your tendon is able to dislocate and relocate). I get an MRI and the results in 2.5 weeks.
I am not supposed to run, swim or really anything that stretches that ankle. I am putting the weight loss on hold. And by that, if it happens great but if not, then I won't be disappointed. I am just afraid of gaining since I just lost the one thing that has helped me get to where I am...running. I do lift but I could really use some advice on something cardio related that would not be overly stressful on your ankle. Thanks in advance
cheerbear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey cheerbear22!

Congratulations on the progress you've so far! Peroneal tendonitis doesn't sound like much fun; I hope they give you a good prognosis when you get the MRI results.

I can't offer any exercise advice, but am curious to know how you manage your eating. Do you count calories or follow any plan? Could you tweak your caloric intake to adjust for the fact that you can't be as active for a while?

Anyway, good luck with your continued weight loss! I hope to see you around the boards.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #3  

I can't exercise much right now either.

I'm keeping my carbs under 50 a day, eating lots of veggies, no bread, pasta, no junk food, etc. Sort of like Atkins, but adapted for my personal needs. I also keep my calories within range.
I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week.

Maybe something like this would work for you?

Last edited by Sherrie568; 04-16-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/158/145

Height: 5' 2.5"

Thanks guys. I got the MRI results. Somehow, everything came back normal. I am allowed to gradually start running again And I have to go to physical therapy.

As far as my calorie intake, I am a major calorie counter. When I was training for my half marathon, I was probably right around 2000. Lately, I have only been around 1600 a day on a fairly regular basis. I wanted a recommendation on cardio because if I don't get a cardio workout in I just get lazy and then start eating out of boredom. I do lift but I don't get the same adrenaline rush from that as I do running or really anything super active.

Anyway, I'm really hoping to get it all worked out though. It's too pretty outside now to not be out there in it!

Again, thanks for the advice and sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
cheerbear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #5  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

It's great that your MRI came back normal! I hope you're able to develop an exercise plan that works well for you soon!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote