Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #286  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

fresno, I don't think it's about the weight anymore after a while, it's more about building some cardio endurance I guess... it is slowly getting better, I wasn't able to run for longer than 2 minutes at the beginning!

I was reading something the other day about the training for beginning runner. It was saying that the biggest mistake we make is trying to go too fast at the beginning. I think it's better going a bit slower but lasting a bit longer. And when you're too tired, you just walk for a little while!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Fresno - have you looked at the C25K programme? It's designed for people who are pretty new to running and helps build up the endurance slowly, rather that going too fast and burning out like Turbo says.

When I do a running session at the gym (usually once a week) I run 4 miles now. It's really hard, but I used to not be able to run a mile without stopping in between. I know people who weigh a lot more than me and can keep going longer! It's all about training, and it definitely gets easier! That said, if it's not for you then stick to something you find easier and enjoy more. As long as you're active, you're doing good things for your body!

I'm going to try and do some weights at home this week. I always feel silly when my boyfriend is around (we live together so that's most of the time!) but I know he won't really mind at all, or maybe I can go into the other room. Do any of you manage to work out at home when other people are at home?
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #288  

I can't train at home The only equipment we have is a pull up bar and I CAN'T do that. My arms are so weak lol

Hope everyone is have a good day
Old 06-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #289  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!
Once again, my apologies for being so sporadic! It finally is getting warm out, so I have been outside A LOT the last couple weeks! I have been on track for the most part. I havent been counting my calories, but I still watch what I eat. Honestly, after a year of tracking and counting everything, I am just done. I cant even stand to think about tracking anymore. It was taking up too much of my time! lol. I think after doing it for a year, I have an idea of where I am at with what I am eating. If I go out to eat, or want to eat something that I dont usually eat, I still check the calorie/fat/sodium/sugar/carbs on it. But that is mainly to make sure that I dont go COMPLETELY over limit.

Im still working with my trainer Tuesday's and Thursday's and then I started doing a HIIT class on Monday and Wednesday. Super fun!

I had a weigh in yesterday, 163.2, thats huge for me! I also finally lost 3/4 of an inch on my thighs (every weigh in, they would stay the same before). And also went down 1.5% in body fat!

So over all, things are good. Work is finally caught up and I feel like I can breathe a little bit! Life is good.

For date night last night, my husband and I packed some sandwhiches and hiked up table rock instead of the usual dinner and a movie. I felt good about it. Hubby has been inspired by my success (and I think a little jealous of the muscular guys at the gym) so he has started his own workout routine. Except he works like a mad man, so he doesnt get to the gym but 2 or 3 times a week... Me-at LEAST 10 hours a week. haha. They know me well there!

Anyway, Hubby and I are looking at cars this week. He wants to buy me a new car as a reward for my weight loss and my promotion. So that is VERY exciting. I am really liking the Mazda 3's.. super sporty and really nice. So I think we will go drive one tonight! Either that or a Nissan Altima (hubby works at a Nissan Dealership- so we get good prices!)

Anyway!
How is everyone else doing?!?
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends!

Just a quick check-in. Hope you're all doing well!

Wendee, I'm glad to see you're in such good spirits! That makes me happy! And congrats on your continued success!

Thanks for all of your comments about my running (or lack thereof, lol)
I have seen the C25K program, but I haven't officially done it. I should try it. I suppose maybe I do run slightly more than when I weighed 190 lbs. And some days it seems easier than other days, for some reason. I'll keep you all posted.

It looks like we'll finally have an official home again in the next couple of weeks, lol. So hopefully once we're settled I can get back into my normal routine.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Thursday!!

fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

fresno, I do think it takes a while for your body to adjust to running. And even after I've been doing it for months, some days just feel better than others.

Not much new in my life. Decided to splurge on Thai food last night. Meant limiting other food during the day, but I decided it was worth it. And I still got to eat a fair amount, just had to up my fruits and veggies even more. That's not a bad thing, to be sure.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Well thanks Ann! That makes me feel better.

How was everyone's weekend? I did a little activity in the pool yesterday (though you could hardly call it 'swimming' since I'm a positively terrible swimmer) - my arms are sore today! So that's a plus. Maybe I gained a little muscle.

What's goin' on with you ladies?
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Sigh, I just ate some cheese, simply because I realized I made a mistake (minor) at work. Wasn't hungry, didn't need it. Dumb reason, especially because I am partly lactose intolerant. Oh well, upward (well, downward!) and onward.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #294  

fresno : being sore is a good sign, it tells that muscles are working good for you! Swimming is such a complete sport.. there's the muscle part with the water resistance, no fear to hurt knees, and works on the cardio as well!

ann71 : forget the cheese, look forward, focus, and put that behind
Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 226/T/170

Height: 5'5

I'm going to a Pure Barre class tomorrow. Ive heard so many great things about it. Anyone have first hand experience?
fluffyfashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to 3FC and I also have roughly 31 pounds left to lose. I started my diet on Friday and need to work up the motivation to start physical activity - any sort of it. I'm hoping we can all lean on each other to get rid of this weight! In the scheme of things, it's not that much, but I know firsthand how difficult it is. Stay strong friends!
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default You came to the right place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethyellow View Post
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to 3FC and I also have roughly 31 pounds left to lose. I started my diet on Friday and need to work up the motivation to start physical activity - any sort of it. I'm hoping we can all lean on each other to get rid of this weight! In the scheme of things, it's not that much, but I know firsthand how difficult it is. Stay strong friends!
I started in February. The people on 3FC won't let you give up! Hang in there! Jojo
jojotheyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 168.4/168.4/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! i'm new to the forums! i have about 20-25 lbs to lose and i'm definitely looking for some buddies to help out!! i need some serious motivation lol
kristia117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristia117 View Post
Hi everyone! i'm new to the forums! i have about 20-25 lbs to lose and i'm definitely looking for some buddies to help out!! i need some serious motivation lol
Buddy!!! And you're from the Jersey Shore. I'm sure you get that a lot but that's my favorite guilty pleasure show.
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 168.4/168.4/145

Height: 5'6

Talking

haha hey there! yes, i do get it a lot but i have to say i love the show as well!! i've even seen the whole crew on the boardwalk before (with a huge stampede of people following them) !
kristia117 is offline   Reply With Quote