Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'3

Red face New to This!

I guess I will tell you a little bit about myself. I have been overweight most of my life losing weight off and on here and there but always finding it again. I am currently the heavest that I have ever been weighing in at 265 lbs. I am embarred to even type that number out where others can see it. But I have got to try something to lose this weight so here we go. I am a mother of 3 beautiful girls. I will be turning 30 at the end of this year and I have got to get this weight under control. Oh yea did I mention that I am only 5'3 well you get the picture. I hope this will be a positive exsperience for me. The post that I have read so far all seem to be positive.
OVERITNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Hi, welcome! Don't be embarrassed- everyone here is in, or has been in, the same boat as you. I know what you mean though, I'm 4'9'' and my highest was 185. Well, the highest I know of, anyway. I think I did hit 190-something at one point.

You've come to a great place Everyone here is so nice and supportive, and I mean, look at all the success (non-scale victories, too!). Good luck and happy posting!
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #3  

thank you
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #4  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

New here too. But I thought I'd comment here, as I have 4 girls, and my starting weight last year was 265ish too. I managed to drop quite a bit last year, but have platued doing it on my own. Just joined up..and hopefully learn some new things, and get over this flatline of mine.

Good luck in your journey; any one starts with the first step!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Congrats on being proactive Overit!
I'm your opposite, I'm a mom of 3 boys and I'm 32. You should join us here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-s...-new-post.html

We keep each other motivated and listen to each other when the motivation is just not there

Good luck!!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Overit don't you be embarrassed we all know exactly where you are coming from. I'm about to turn thirty although I don't have any human kids just fur babies. It's time we get our act together and get our tails in gear to make the right changes in our life to stop yo-yoing once and for all. We have come to the right place to find our support to get thru it, it's not going to be easy but guess what I believe we can all do it. Remember one step at a time!!!
Misstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblance View Post
New here too. But I thought I'd comment here, as I have 4 girls, and my starting weight last year was 265ish too. I managed to drop quite a bit last year, but have platued doing it on my own. Just joined up..and hopefully learn some new things, and get over this flatline of mine.

Good luck in your journey; any one starts with the first step!
Congratulations on the weight loss. It is nice to see someone who is in the same boat as me. Most of the women where I live that are overweight it seems that no one is above 220 except me. So it is nice to know that you are out there.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Overit don't you be embarrassed we all know exactly where you are coming from. I'm about to turn thirty although I don't have any human kids just fur babies. It's time we get our act together and get our tails in gear to make the right changes in our life to stop yo-yoing once and for all. We have come to the right place to find our support to get thru it, it's not going to be easy but guess what I believe we can all do it. Remember one step at a time!!!
Thank you Misstiff, you are right it is time for me to get my act together and start moving in the right direction downward.. I hate the yo-yoing and am ready to go down and stay down. I dont' have to be skinny I just want to be were I feel comfortable going out and also have clothing that fits and at every store instead of just the big girl stores.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suenos096 View Post
Congrats on being proactive Overit!
I'm your opposite, I'm a mom of 3 boys and I'm 32. You should join us here

We keep each other motivated and listen to each other when the motivation is just not there

Good luck!!
Way to go on your weight loss I love those little faces.. I am going to check out your link. I hope I have as much sucess as you did. thank you for the invite.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/232.4/175

Height: 6'

Overit, I am with you! I just signed up and I am so serious about doing this. I am 44y/o and have had a terrible time the last few years with thyroid and hormones. I am normally a size 10 but now wearing a 16! I am the biggest I have ever been and I don't want to leave the house. The support here is awesome. I have been reading the topics and think you all are great. I look forward to being a part of this! Does anyone have any insight on leptin resistance?
wwkiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

You absolutely will Overit! As long as you are willing to get back on when you fall. I have fallen and I have only gained success by getting back on

wwkiks! Read the goal stories too. They are a fantastic motivator. You can see my progress pictures so far too on my blog
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote