Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Howdy!

Well I am new around here I guess should introduce myself, I have been lurking around for a few days reading and getting even more motivated. I have struggled with my weight as long I can remember, I slimmed a little in High school and was pretty active but I have never been smaller then size 10. After school I decided after putting on about 50lbs and getting into a size 20 I was over it and ready for a change so I lost 65lbs counting calories. That latest for about a year then I started gaining pound by pound and before I knew I was up to 216 so I started over and counted calories until I dropped 60lbs, but guess what it's back plus 20lbs. So last week I came to terms with the fact I am about to turn 30 and it is time to get healthy so I started tracking keeping food diary and have lost 6lbs. Downside is I work about 60 hours a week and it's hard to be prepared so you don't make bad choices so after much reading I have decided to try Bistro MD to help me with not having to work on the measuring and monitoring of dieting. I look forward to getting to know all of you more.

Tiff
Misstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Welcome! I think you'll find this forum very helpful.
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Hi Tiff! I'm also new here, and hope you're finding as much good information and support as I am. Your gains and losses sound a lot like my own, except that I rarely manage to lose more than 20 lbs. at a time, and can never maintain the loss for long because my method was just too restrictive to last. My new "plan" is kind of like a rebound after a breakup... instead of focusing on getting over my ex (unhealthy foods in big portions!), I have been spending all time with my new boyfriend (healthy foods that I enjoy!). In other words, I'm trying to eat so much healthy stuff that I just can't find room for the unhealthy stuff. For me, this means filling my kitchen with fruit and making sure I get at least 4 a day, and always finishing a 1500cc bottle of water by the end of the day. Those two things alone have had a big impact so far, especially when coupled with the regular exercise I've been sticking to. I'm also making sure I have a huge breakfast every morning (usually oatmeal with raisins & milk, a banana, yogurt, and sometimes applesauce), so much that I feel really full when I'm finished, and I feel noticeably more tired and hungry on the days when I skimp on breakfast. It's been great so far, and I'm optimistic about keeping it up. I do wish I could try Bistro M.D., though (not available where I am, sadly). Would love to hear how you like it. I've been getting produce delivered, but then I have to cook it all myself!
slowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #4  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Smile

hi im new here too!

welcome and i hope you find all the motivation and encouragement you need here to succeed!

all it takes sometimes is a kick in the butt! i know thats what i needed.

we've already gone through the first step and thats deciding to do something about it once and for all.

now its just about doing it.

good luck darling!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Finding this forum is going to give me the support and accountability piece I missed before.
Misstiff is offline   Reply With Quote