Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/174/155

Default hello friends

hey everyone. i figured it'd be good to introduce myself. my name is melissa, and while i firmly believe in punctuation, please don't expect much in the way of capitalization i've been lacking motivation to (seriously) lose weight for the last two years or so, though i have a pretty extensive dieting/weight loss history. the short version: i my highest weight was in my junior year of high school--i weighed in at 240 lbs, 5'7", and was miserable. having a normal adolescence at that weight proved to be quite impossible, and i certainly think it had a last effect on me (as it relates to being shy, lacking confidence, etc. etc.--though I've certainly gotten a lot better with those things, but there's certainly room for improvement). ANYWAY! back to my "story"--between my junior year of high school and now (i'm 24), i've lost about 70 lbs. this was the result of periods of both healthy and non-healthy dieting habits. i've moved on from my "non-healthy" habits a long time ago, and understand the importance of approaching dieting and weight loss from a "healthy" approach.

currently, i'm ~178 lbs. my weight has pretty much remained the same (+/- 5 lbs) over the last 2 years (though that was after gaining about 15-20 lbs from my lowest weight), and that has required A LOT of effort. i just can't seem to switch into real diet mode and get down to my goal weight, which presently is 160 lbs.

i'm pretty damn active considering. i am OBSESSED with bikram yoga, have completed two 30 day challenges, and now go about 4-5 times a week (if any of you have been thinking of trying it--you must. it's unlike anything else i've done). i also take about 3-4 spin classes a week, and am trying to get back into running in prep for two 5k's i signed up for that will take place in june. my main problem is most definitely my eating habits. it's not that i don't eat healthy foods most, but i eat a lot.

i really think (hope?) that this forum will help keep my motivated. i look forward to participating
mel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Mel
I have found that by eating every 2-3 hours that helps me cut back on portions and feel more satisfied. Have you tried that? It's awesome!

Success stories keep me motivated!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/

Good luck
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote