Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #1  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hello! Newbie!

Hey all,
So I often turn to this site for advice and when I have questions regarding my weight loss- so I thought, "heck, I should join!" and here I am!

I have never been skinny or fit- always the "chunky" one of the bunch. After having my first child and moving 750 miles away from my hometown- I gained an ADDITIONAL 30-40 lbs. I officially started my weight loss journey in July of 2010- when I weight nearly 200 lbs. I lost a bit of weight, but then gained it back during Christmas (big surprise, I know). I decided that I was sick and tired of being overweight, so I started going to the gym more often, but I wasnt seeing real results. I joined a bootcamp on February 15th (today is March 24th) and since have lost 18 lbs and 23.5 inches!! I have been going to bootcamp at 6am before work, and 6pm after work! Things are going great.. but... the fat that is sitting on top of my muscle is not what I had in mind.. so my trainer put me on a diet. I want to get down to 140lbs and I would like to do it before the beginning of July!

I am excited to be a part of amazing women trying to better themselves. Hopefully I can be as much of an inspiration to you all, as I know you will be to me! 23 pounds to go baby!!!

Last edited by WendeeLou; 03-24-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: HTML in beginning of post
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #2  

hello, newbie here also, have a nice day...
jumprosel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #3  

Hi Girls,
New also!! 23.5inches - Wow that's awesome.
Are you just on a healthy eating type diet? Not a specific one?
x
hollypollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #4  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey gals!

I am not on a specific diet (at least I dont think it has a name). I started doing a bootcamp in mid-February as I was at a platue with my weight. One of my trainers there put me on a diet to help shed the excess fat that just keeps hanging on!

Here is how it goes- BTW, it is working wonders!!

Mon-Wed-Fri- No starchy carbs. No Fruit. Eat lots of lean protien and veggies.

Tue-Thu- Same as Mon-Wed-Fri, except I may have fruit.

Wed- May have one small serving of carbs (good carbs) ie. I usually have a small baked potato. If there is no craving for it, dont eat it.

Saturday- cheat day! Eat what I want- eat carbs and good fatty foods because after dinner on Saturday... fasting until Sunday night dinner. Sunday morning I was told to do cardio cardio cardio however, I go to church and try to save Sunday as my family day (husband, 4year old son, and a cocker spaniel named Bella). But I was thinking, if I got up early enough I could go for a run- but we will see how that pans out!

I was on vaccation for the last week at the Oregon Coast/Vancouver and Portland area for my anniversary and didnt stick strictly to my diet while I was gone- still didnt gain anything! I was consious of what I was eating though.

Hope maybe this helps. I suppose its a little like atkins. My father in law lost 120 lbs on atkins- so it works!

Wendee
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

That sounds great. You're doing really well
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome out of Lurkville Wendee
Congrats on your weightloss so far! If you're 30 something you should come and join us!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-s...needed-25.html

Heck even if you're not, we'd love to have you!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote