Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #1  
Buttercup

Default Greetings from Fried Food Central

Hi! I live in Alabama; which as most of you know is the second "fattest" state. Lets see...I gave birth to 3 beautiful girls and a set of boy girl twins. All C-Section I might add. I have always been what my daughters call a Vanity Smurf... I must admit now that I'm 45 years old I have noticed I'm looking fluffy. I am not happy with this. I start a diet each Monday and fail by Monday evening. I need willpower and motivation. Help me?
buttercup24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Buttercup. I know I have lots of motivation trouble too. How are you approaching your weight loss?
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/340/170

Height: 5'10

Mama...I really think you should try calorie counting.

I know you've had success before on weight watchers (just more calculations though than counting the calories) so I think this might work for you. I look at this as something I can control....I feel accomplished if I can stick to what I allow myself a day. I love that I can make it work for me since I like lighter meals early on to keep enough calories available for a bigger dinner.

- "I gave birth to 3 beautiful girls"...
SippyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/171/140

Height: 5''0

Just find a Fun exercise to go each night that you would enjoy..maybe something that involves dancing etc... that way its not work, but instead something fun that is also improving your health
MrsCLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #5  
Gym-Goer and Dancer

S/C/G: 200/165/145

Height: 5'9"

I agree with Cort - find something you'll stick to! If you involve your girls in activities like dancing around, or even just racing around the yard/park, they'll bug you to do it everyday and that can keep you on track!

I'd ditch the "diets" - Go for small changes in the beginning and make it stuff you'll stick to. No snacking before bed, replacing all beverages with water, or cutting the fast food down to once a week.

Good luck!
Ana Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote