Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/140/130-135

Height: 5'7.5

Default new to the sit, but not new to diets

Hey all. My name is Melissa and I just signed up. I am 26 yo and have had an unhealthy relationship with food since my teenage years. I have been on a "diet" for over 10 years. Gaining/losing weight is like a job for me. I can gain easily, lose easily, but I have the hardest time maintaining.
I am currently doing the biggest loser at work and have lost about 10 lbs. The past three days I have eaten like a horse. Horrible food, and now I am going to do the master cleanse tues-tues so one full week. I just feel like i've ruined everything i worked so hard on. I know the master cleanse probably isnt the healthiest diet to do, but im hoping it will get rid of the junk i've eaten and change my taste buds and i'll get back on track after the week is over.

Just looking for some fellow women around my age, in the same 'yo yo diet" boat as I am. Thanks and see ya all later
melissakp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Hey, welcome to the board & congrats on your loss .. I hope you stick around a while
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there, and

Have you ever considered that the reason you're on a yo yo rollercoaster is that you choose plans that are ultimately not sustainable, like Master Cleanse? You might have better luck and more success at maintenance if you picked a healthy eating plan, incorporated exercise, and committed to keeping those healthy habits for life, into maintenance. If you pick something not sustainable, as soon as you go "off" the diet, the weight comes back. With sustainable lifestyle changes, you never go "off", and so maintaining is much easier.

In any case, jump on in. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote