Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/284.8/169

Height: 5'9"

Default 'Nother n00b.

Hey everybody, my name is not "mondly" but we can all pretend it is.

I think I've been trying to get healthy for about a year now, doing small things here or there, but I just really kicked into doing it actively in the last month or so. I am right around the highest weight I have ever been in my life -- about a year ago I broke 300 lbs without even realizing it.

I've always been big and tall, but during a really serious depressive phase a couple years back I went from a really comfortable weight (for my body type) to gaining about 100 lbs and being the biggest I had ever been.

Emotionally I'm in a really great space. I don't even have (a lot) of body hatred going on. My motivation stems from my desire to be healthy -- my mother is sick, and I have a history of heart problems in my family, and I'd like to try to get fit while I'm still young.

I'm really interested in meeting and talking with people who have gone from little to no concern with their health to being actively concerned and aware, so I'm excited to see what this community has to offer. I am less concerned truthfully with getting down to a particular weight than I am with just feeling good in my own skin and making healthy choices -- though lbs can indicate some things, what's more important to me is how I'm feeling and what I'm doing to feel better.
Sorry for the long post? it kind of got away from me...

mondly
mondly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/171/140

Height: 5''0

Welcome to the group and we are glad to have you here with us! I just recently got tired of the way I was living mu life and picked up and started a whole new outlook on life and my health/weight, so I know where you are coming from..its so easy to let yourself go and not realize it..but now your with US and youll get all the love and support you need!
MrsCLS is offline   Reply With Quote