Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 484/369/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello!

Hi, first day, obligatory intro post:
I've been fat, really fat, my whole life. My high point was 484, when I graduated from high school. I've been diagnosed with a couple of different diseases/syndromes (Hypothyroid, Celiac, and a pica-related eating disorder) which partially explain the weight and the difficulty involved in weight loss. I have been losing weight slowly but fairly steadily since last year. I got really discouraged a couple of days ago because I realized that despite losing a teenager's worth of excess weight, I still had twice as much to go. That seemed even worse given that it took me 11 years to lose the first 100. So, yeah, pretty down. Anyway, I was reading an article this morning about changing habits, and it said that you should join support groups. I googled "weight loss support forum" and this was the first one that seemed decent, so here I am!

Background Info:
I'm married, since 2006. We have no kids, but we do have a trio of rescue kitties. (I'll call them Lazy, Spaz, and Twitchy, because I don't like doing the real-names-online thing.) The Duke and I are very interested in animal welfare.

We play a lot of role-playing games (D&D, Cthulhu, and Whitewolf). He plays Warhammer Fantasy and War Machine. We both play MTG. We're nerds. Big ones. But we like it that way.

I like to knit, crochet, and bake (gluten-free, these days). I started a veggie garden this year, and I love to cook. Because cooking is something I really enjoy, I've learned to cook healthier foods. The Duke and I aren't vegetarians, but we are trying to eat more veg and less meat for our health (and budget).

I think that's probably all I can/should say. Thanks for letting me join the party!
DuchessInky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

WELCOME & you are certainly welcome here. I'm fairly new to this board as well [even though you couldn't tell by my post count] I just joined last month & I've been here nonstop ever since. The amount of advise & support & encouragement on this board helps tremendously, as I'm sure you will experience for yourself, should you chose to stick around. I surely hope you do.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the forums! Its great to meet you! I have alot of recipes on my blog if you like to cook and any of them look good to you! I will be posting more as I go along. Good luck in your journey!!
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote