Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #1  
Just Jen

S/C/G: 220/tracker/150

Height: 5"3

Default Hey all...

Hi there,
I signed up to the sit a while back, but haven't been in a while. It's nice to be back reading everyone's success stories and such, I hope to have mine someday.
I'm from Canada, and just waiting for all the snow to go away (which at this rate will take til at least June) so I can get back outside, walking and enjoying the outdoors again..
I had a daughter just over 3 years ago, and have pretty much given up on myself since then, but it's my turn now.
Time to start caring about myself again...Becoming who I want to be..and I'm sure the support on here will be of much help with that.
Thanks for reading! (o:
boardriider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #2  
Livin Lite!!

S/C/G: 341/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

WELCOME BACK!!!! Good luck!!
Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #3  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to the board!!!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #4  
Just Jen

Thanks guys! Luck is something I'm definitely gonna need...but more personal motivation on my part is definitely needed as well, and I think this site will definitely help with that! I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardriider View Post
I'm sure the support on here will be of much help with that.
Absolutely!! I have learned so much about weight loss, exercise and being patient that if it wasn't for the awesome people on this site I'd be lost. It's a wonderful place to talk about your struggles and your successes!

Welcome back to 3FC and congrats for making yourself a priority again!

ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #6  
Just Jen

Thank you ShanIAm! It feels good to be thinking about myself for a change!...putting myself first. It's been a long time coming...

Oh and a question..how do I get one of those weight loss tickers?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #7  
Just Jen

Nevermind...I think I figured it out!...How do you update it though, when the pounds start coming off? Sorry, I'm new to all this!..
Old 03-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #8  
1ThickChick

S/C/G: SW 205/ CW 176 / GW 145

Height: 5'8"

Default Slowly but surely

Last year I was at my heaviest: 205lbs. I saw a picture of myself and was embarrassed at what I saw. Weight was always an issue for me but realizing that I was obese (I was only 24 years young!) it kinda shook me out of my trance. I would eat mindlessly and would not stop until my stomach hurt. I ate in excess and did not realize what I was doing to my body and my self esteem. So I started eating a tad bit better and got down to 198. The straw that broke the camel's back was 4 months ago when I was visiting my friend who was in labor and the nurse mistook me for my friend's mother, hence the soon-to-be grandmother of the baby (I'm 25!). I was convinced it had to be because of my weight. So here I am at 176.5 lbs with 30 more pounds to lose.
1thickchickonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #9  
Just Jen

That's about the same as me, 1TC..I looked at pics of myself lately and honestly can't believe it's me..I'm not supposed to look like this. I'll be 26 in a couple months here and my husband and I plan on moving with our daughter to Vancouver Island, so knowing I'm gonna be surrounded by water, is a very good motivator to be bathing suit ready by summer of 2012....it'll be a process and a lifelong change, but for once in my life I can honestly say I'm ready. Ready to make that change. Thanks for sharing your story! I'd love to lose 25 pounds, so good for you! Keep on treckin'