Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #1  
Ham 'n CheeseHead!

S/C/G: 215/215/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Trying it Differently This Time!

Hello!

I think I've spent enough time lurking here to go ahead and jump in! Seems like a wonderfully supportive community!

Anyways, I'm Lisa...I'm 39, divorced, and am dead-set on making my 40's fun and fit! I tried a couple diets with little success--Nutrisystem, Atkins. Seems the success I had just made me want to celebrate by going off the plan, which brought me to where I am now.

I have a plan in place, which includes a regimen for regular exercise, and calorie-counting. I'm actually starting off on a Lean Cuisine plan, and I started logging food/activity yesterday. Portion control and emotional/boredom eating are the main problems for me, and I've been known to use the excuse "I don't have TIME to exercise!"

I'm thinking this forum will keep me motivated, keep me from straying from the plan, and find and give support wherever needed!

Looking forward to the adventure here!
Squeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

maybe you could make some simple routines for yourself that only take a few min. a day(using body weight exercises), do on your lunch break, or before you go to work for energy, etc.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 314/283/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi & Welcome...Emotions R Us!

Hi, you picked a good place to come to for support! I will bet that hardly anyone got to their weight issue without some sort of Emotional Motivation-hah, sounds like a song title!
I was a binge eater and didn't know it. I thought all binge eaters just ate constantly! I would either binge at stressful times-during the evening or on the weekend. In the 80s and 90s I could polish off a family sized Doritos in two sittings!
Try to have healthy alternatives for in-between-times, such as salad and low cal and carb things to put in it, like peppers and mushrooms, etc. Certain veggies have higher carb ratios and something like avocodo is higher in fat although it is a good fat.
My only issue with the frozen meals is the preservatives but if they work for you, that's great. There's a lot of variety these days.
As for boredom: do you have a hobby? I am trying (operative word: TRYING) to knit socks!
Good Luck! And welcome again!
Tamsin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #4  
Ham 'n CheeseHead!

S/C/G: 215/215/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the warm welcome. Wow, there is a LOT of good information on this forum! Katy, I'm going to see if I can stick to walking on my treadmill when I get home from work, and not sit on the couch like I normally do! I figure if I start out slow--maybe 15-20 minutes--it might not be too bad, then hopefully it will become a habit.

Tamsin, I normally am not a fan of frozen dinners, especially since my blood pressure is a bit on the high side, but my plan is to use the portions as a training tool I'll keep a couple of the containers to help keep me on the portions when I make a "real" meal.

I'm a recovering workaholic--right now I have my career, plus one part time job on the weekends...so I don't get bored that often, but when it happens, you can bet food enters the picture! I'm hoping with Spring coming soon I can get out to golf during my down times. I also like to bowl, so maybe I can join a summer league once my regular league is over.
Squeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome.
LastYearOver200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #6  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Your plan sounds good so far
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote