Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/120/115 (61.5/54.5/52.5)

Height: 5'6" (168cm)

Default Hi! new to it all and would love tips!

Hi everyone!

Well it's the 2nd half of senior year and I really want to look my best for the summer before college...for the past 3 years I've been sliding around 125-132lbs @ 5'6". Right now I'm at 130ish and I'd like to get down to 115-120 or so...I've never looked great throughout high school and just for once, I want to go shopping without totally skipping the skinny jeans section! I would love some support as I try to pull this off, it's been tougher than I thought! Best of luck to everyone on here
kooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

why do you want to lose the weight? why didn't you look great? sounds like you did, but just didn't know it YET! i bet you look great! maybe you just need some muscle?
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy trail View Post
why do you want to lose the weight? why didn't you look great? sounds like you did, but just didn't know it YET! i bet you look great! maybe you just need some muscle?
hahaha I'd just love to fit in the clothes that I've only dreamed of for the past few years! Aw, I wish I looked great That's actually a problem I might have--too much muscle mass...my legs are thick and muscular and it's killing me! Do you know a good way to make muscles leaner? thanks!!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #4  
I CAN do this!

well doing ballet type exercises make your muscles longer, pilates.

it sounds like you and i have similar body types (muscular, mesomorph)
Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #5  
I CAN do this!

i've learned to love my body type. i'll never be the long and lean model type, but i love what i can be. strong, able to do long endurance types of exercises...

i wish i had been more confident and liked who i was at the time, when i was your age.

what kind of clothes are you trying to wear?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #6  
I CAN do this!

you posted on the other thread, you are doing 100 squats a day. these build up your leg muscles a lot. perhaps look into other leg exercises like i suggested above- ballet or other types, and less squats.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #7  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

You really don't know how good you look! I was about your weight in high school and thought I was "fat"...when I was actually a very healthy weight.

Nonethless, even though you probably don't need to lose weight from a medical standpoint, there's nothing wrong with wanting to improve if it makes you feel good...as long as you don't get too obsessed and/or unrealistic about it

I've always had big calves. I purposely avoid calf-building exercises and have been doing yoga to try to lengthen my leg muscles rather than bulking up. I really recommend yoga!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #8  

@ katy trail: trying to get my hands on the skinny jeans, leggings, and skirts...and shorts without looking down to see the little bulge ok, i'll try ballet/yoga...but i should probably still do the powerwalking, right? i think i was obsessed with high-intensity exercise because everyone's telling me yoga takes a long time to get results !! but thank you!!

@northernexposure: can you tell me what typical calf-building exercises are (so i dont end up doing them cluelessly xD)? how much success have you had with yoga? do you do other exercise on the side?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #9  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Calf building exerices...you'll feel them! Of course anytime you exercise your legs you're exercising your calves some, but if you go to a gym, especially, avoid using heavy weights if it's an exercise involving your calves (light weights tone, but heavy weights tend to "bulk you up" more.)

Yes, I definitely do other exercise. Yoga is great, but not a big calorie burner, so I still do cardio (zumba, elliptical, walking, etc.) I've been doing yoga (just videos at home, no formal classes) for about a year. Not every day, but a few times a week on average. I definitely feel better and my legs are definitely longer/leaner. Of course that's not all due to the yoga...but I think it helps a lot. I still have a good amount of weight to lose...but I think I will look much better when I get closer to goal becaue I'm doing yoga now
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote