Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #1  
Magpy

S/C/G: 167/167/145

Height: 5'5''

Red face I'm wondering if this will help

Hi there, I've never joined one of these online groups before so I'm hestitant yet curious to see if it will help.

I've always be preoccupied with my weight right from when I was 12years old. I'm now almost 45; have three children (my youngest is 10). In the past two years I've put back on 10-15lbs (slowly 5-10, and then 5 in the past 4mos). This is after 4years of working really hard to get my weight down and keep it down. Now I feel like I'm back to square one-- again. I've also struggled with depression over the past 10 years; have been on medication off and on for the past 5years. Have recently weaned off and am not taking anything currently as I have been through Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which has helped quite a bit. All my clothes are now too tight; especially my bras and I refuse to by new ones so I need support to get going again. I am generally pretty active (have a gym membership, like to x-country ski, am part of a very active family). I tend to go in spurts-- all or nothing-- I'll lose 10 lbs in an exercise 6week boot camp but then gain it all back. I need to find balance and don't know how to do it. Any thoughts?

Thanks for listening,

Magpy
magpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Sounds like you have the exercise covered, do you have a diet plan ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Magpy! You can do this!! 3FC is has amazing support and resources. I can honestly say, I don't think I'd be where I am today without all the support I've gotten on this site! Best of luck to you.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #4  
Magpy

S/C/G: 167/167/145

Height: 5'5''

Default Thanks for the responses

I don't a diet plan per se. I have done this several times before but i would be interested in any type of kick start to help get me going (again). I restart probably 3x a month and feel very discouraged every time.
magpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Magpy, glad to have you join us! Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a Support group, Chat, or Challenge to join. Small groups of friends to help keep you motivated and make it easier to get connected. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I find that the work I do offline is the most important (for me that's weight watchers and exercise) and then I come here for support, ideas and to celebrate with folks.

I know in the beginning I had to remind myself to get off the computer and do something since it can be tempting to just read and post when you could use the time to exercise, meal plan, etc.

Good luck!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote