Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #1  
Never Lost MyFreshman 50!

S/C/G: 185/180/150

Height: 5'9

Default Hello Everyone!

I was browsing this website and I figured I should join since I am on a weight loss journey.

I'm 24, live in Maryland, and I totally used to be skinny! Ok, well that was before I got to college and I BALLOONED by about 50 pounds over the course of 3 years. The hilarious thing is that I was studying fitness and nutrition as a minor and still gaining weight with unhealthy drinking, bringing, and fried late night diner foods. Ive been out of school for almost 3 years now and have no excuse to have this weight on me anymore. I don't look all that terrible, but I certainly don't feel as great as I did 6 years ago. I feel like my 20's should be the prime time of my body image, and its certainly not. Hoping to make it back to my drivers license weight of 150, then maybe even more.

I try to eat healthy, but I don't "diet" per say (one of the things I did learn in college is that strict diets never work in the long run) and I do like to exercise (I am currently training for a 5K).

My downfalls are comfort foods (cheesy, fried goodness), red wine (mmm), a sedentary job, and smoking - although I am one month in to a quitting journey as well!

I just want to keep up the positive stuff and this seems like a great place for support.

Hope to be a great poster and meet some other great people just trying to get, or stay, healthy and fit!

- Stephanie
Stephalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #2  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

hi stephanie! im new here too! just posted my intro!

i also work at a sedentary (desk) job and one of my vices is a glass of red wine ALMOST everyday...a habit i know i should break....SO good though!
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have one or more covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.

Good job on trying to quit smoking along with losing weight!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote