Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Talking Finally A Member!

Hello, all!

I've been using information from 3FC's fora for quite some time now, but I want to participate a bit more, so here I am!

I'm 20-something, living in GA, and hoping to make it to 140lbs by the end of this year/beginning of 2012. I have plans to apply (and hopefully attend!) medical school, and I want to be a case study for my patients. I don't want to tell them to eat right, exercise more, etc if I'm not doing the same. I think, having been overweight all my life, that my weight loss will allow me to better connect with the population I hope to serve. Not only can I show empathy and understand their struggles with food, but I can support them in making the proper changes to promote their health.

My workout plan consists of Body Pump 2/3 times a week, walking to school/internship when possible, and the amazing C25K program. (I use Robert Ullrey's Podcasts. Get them if you don't already have it.) I'm calorie counting using the livestrong.com tracker. I'm set up to eat about 1700 cals a day, which may be too little, but I don't go hungry. I'm also a vegetarian.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with people here. This forum is a great asset to people struggling with weight loss!

db
TheHugDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #2  
small plates small bites

S/C/G: 187/135.9/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I'm also from the South originally (envious of you today-- we just got almost 20 inches of snow in Manhattan) and have found this site very useful as well.
I'm also a vegetarian and have learned many new ways to prepare food and good tips for keeping the foods we eat interesting during our weight loss process.

I understand your desire to connect with your patients and lead your life as an example for others as well. I work in education and want the students I interact with to see a role model at her best as well.

welcome again!
TapasLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/183/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome!! Your going to be a great dr!
3forus is offline   Reply With Quote