Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/205.1/145

Height: 5'4

Post Starting Now!

Hello, Everyone!
My name is Jennifer and I'm new to the site. I'm hoping to gain support on my weight loss journey and support others in turn as much as I can.

I'm sad to say that I'm the heaviest I have ever been - weighing in last week at 202.4. I've joined a local weight loss challenge, but somehow, the motivation still isn't there.

To be honest, I'm not sure if there was ever a really defining moment where I realized that my eating habits were getting out of control, but just like many people, I know I am a stress-eater as well as a social eater. I love going to lunch with my coworkers and having a good time with them. Unfortunately, it's always some type of fast food joint or another unhealthy option so the cost to my body (and my checkbook!) are more than I can stand anymore!

I will also confess that my husband is a certified personal trainer and I don't want to listen to him for advice. The harder he pushes, the more I resist.

So here I am - joining this forum with a "no more excuses" attitude. I joined Lifetime Fitness and love all of the features the gym has to offer. The weight loss challenge offers supplements and nutritional guidance and I'm hoping that works too. I'd appreciate any and all support/feedback/whatever! And if I can be of help to anyone, I'm happy to do that too!

-Jenn
jcook1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #2  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jenn,
I know just how you feel. My whole life I have been pushed by my family to lose weight and exercise and eat right. But what I have learned is that you have to want to do this for yourself. Not because your husband wants you too or your girlfriends are doing but because it is making you feel good about you. Diets don't work, when you give yourself limitations on things you are setting yourself up to fail. Saying you can't doesn't work for a 3 year old and when it comes to foods that we want adults aren't much better. You need to allow yourself to eat the things that you want in moderation. Not every day, once a week or once a month. Find what works best for you. And tell those around that their pushing you isn't helpful. I finally had to say look enough is enough, leave me alone and let me want to do this for me.

Go to the gym because you like the way you feel after and see yourself at your goal weight. But remember to enjoy where you are now on the way to where you are going. We only have a short time here, live it up to the fullest!
Hope this encourages you!
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Welcome! You will find lots of helpful motivating peolpe here
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #4  

hello jcook,
and welcome here .i am new too.
nodoubt its the best site with nice people.
shazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/205.1/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyred7 View Post
Hey Jenn,
I know just how you feel. My whole life I have been pushed by my family to lose weight and exercise and eat right. But what I have learned is that you have to want to do this for yourself. Not because your husband wants you too or your girlfriends are doing but because it is making you feel good about you. Diets don't work, when you give yourself limitations on things you are setting yourself up to fail. Saying you can't doesn't work for a 3 year old and when it comes to foods that we want adults aren't much better. You need to allow yourself to eat the things that you want in moderation. Not every day, once a week or once a month. Find what works best for you. And tell those around that their pushing you isn't helpful. I finally had to say look enough is enough, leave me alone and let me want to do this for me.

Go to the gym because you like the way you feel after and see yourself at your goal weight. But remember to enjoy where you are now on the way to where you are going. We only have a short time here, live it up to the fullest!
Hope this encourages you!
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Today has been a great day so far, but it's already about to go downhill.
My husband, the personal trainer, is also on a weight gaining regimen and wants to go for the buffet at Cici's pizza! Here I have worked my butt off today (including going to the gym at lunch) and keeping my calories/protein in check and look! I call it sabotage!!

I do feel better when I go to the gym and I know that once I get into a routine, I'll be okay. I have a coworker that also joined the gym with me as an extra boost of encouragement though I know I can't rely on her to go with me all of the time. This journey is up to me!!
jcook1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/214/130

Height: 5"2

Oh wow
I to am having trouble with my husband wanting to eat out. I can do good all day and he will come home and want to go eat or go to the movies and when we get popcorn he has to have extra butter. then last night after we ate out he stops by Dairy Queen...........i should have more will power but it all goes out the window when im with him.
By the way I used to live around Paola area I love the Oak Park Mall!!

Good Luck
Linn
Linn C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/168/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyred7 View Post
". But what I have learned is that you have to want to do this for yourself. Not because your husband wants you too or your girlfriends are doing but because it is making you feel good about you."
Just wanted to say I couldn't agree more! Since gaining the weight I have, my mother, father, brother, and grandparents have always told me they would love it if I lost weight. I would try, and get tired of the diet or workout because I didn't want it myself. NOW, I want it for ME and no one else, and I've never felt so dedicated and sure about getting through something before!
xXLosingItXx is offline   Reply With Quote