Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/198/180

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Loosing the last of it.

Greetings. I just found the forum, so here is my introduction:
I have been followed the Ideal Protein diet mid-Sept. to mid-Dec. and lost 60 lbs. I am 25 years old.

I took a break for Christmas--not eating 'normal' food was beginning to get to me, plus I wanted to enjoy the holiday treats. After a few false starts, I am now back on the program. I lost everything I gained by going off and am back in ketosis.

I weigh 208 now (5'10.5"), with a somewhat arbitrary goal of 180. It has been a long time since I weighed 180, so I might re-adjust depending on what I look like. I have always been on the heavier side; before I started the diet I had let myself go way too far (about 270).

I am actually excited about loosing the last of it for a couple reasons:
1. I will be done with the diet and can eat semi-normally.
2. I am looking forward to how I will look. I can't really picture myself being 'thin'.
3. I am looking forward to how I will feel and fitting into smaller clothes. I already feel loads better from loosing the first 60ish.
4. I will be able to fit more places. I am a farmer; some of the positions/places I have to get into are pretty tight. Now I will fit or fit easier.

Since IP is medically supervised, I have been going in every week and getting measured, which is nice. However the coach and I don't seem to connect very well, so I found this forum by looking for another place to get IP food in Kennewick, WA.

Even though I am relatively close, I know that loosing the last 27 lbs won't be the hard part. The hard part will be fundamentally changing my eating habits so I don't end up like that again. I was raised in a slightly carb-heavy family; living on my own has been a little bit of a challenge. I have often been tempted to go for the easy route rather than the healthier one.

Well, that is me in a nutshell. Ask if you are curious about anything. I look forward to getting to know the people here as we help each other towards our goals.
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

Did you know that we have an entire forum for IP and it's followers?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/
Make yourself at home. We're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #3  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here! You will find a lot of support.
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/198/180

Height: 5'10.5"

Thank you for the link to the IP page and for the welcome. I look forward to being here.
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote