Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: s261/c261/g198

Talking Hi, Calorie counter on board!

Hi there,

I am 20 years old, 168cm tall & weigh 118.8kg - 261 pounds (I think
I am eating 1883 calories a day for now - with extra exercise added on top of that. One of my main concerns is that I don't want to burn muscle instead of fat so I have only dropped my calories by 500.

I have started Calorie counting after my Fiances family decided to have their own biggest loser on Monday - were going for 28 weeks/6months.

I bought a book a while ago I'm using from a local store here written by a TV Personal/Nurtional Trainer. I used to watch the program.

I feel like I know how to do what I need to do and now I just need to do it.

I've gone for a walk for 3 consecutive days in a row now which is a biggie for me, its making me feel really good and I'm looking forward to going tomorrow.
I trying to jog a bit today but found my feet were cramping and I was in quite a bit of pain so I think I will leave it until I have lost some weight. I will just have to walk very fast!

If you have similar start weights to me and have had success I would love to hear from you for some extra motivation

I have been reading through some old posts and they are really encouraging. I would love to maybe find someone who is similar to me that would like to become email buddies for support.

I have been counting for tues/weds & today and gone over each day but I feel like I have learnt a lot from the past few days. I want to have it sorted by Sunday so I can start the new week well.
Tonight I have planned my entire day of meals for tomorrow and even factored in a 156cal Pinky bar I was given today (cant believe I didnt eat it already! lol) My friend is coming over for dinner and bringing a surprise dessert so I have allowed 330 cals for whatever this might be and will adjust my serving appropriatly.

At the moment I want to focus on drinking the 2.4L of water I need to drink each day.

My goal for the 6 months is to get to 90kg but if I even just got to 100 or close to it I would be very happy with that.

A big moment for me tonight was taking pictures of myself in my underwear. Wow was it a wake up call. I think I have learnt to dress my shape quite well - doesnt make me look like a supermodel ofcourse haha - but it has tricked me into thinking I wasnt really gaining that much weight. It was a lot different then seeing it in the mirror thats for sure. I just wanted to cry to be honest. Instead I sat down and made my meal plan for tomorrow, then ate a bag of chips..haha just kidding! I couldnt eat right now, Im still full from the Naughty pasta I had for dinner! I made WAY to much of it so I am saving it to give away tomorrow. After seeing those pictures Im not even tempted to eat it - I dont even know if I will eat the Pinky!

Love to all,

L

nzchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

You have a great attitude you will succeed
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Planning ahead is a great way to start. I still plan my menus for the day. Doesn't take much time and is worth every second.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote