Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/194/130

Height: 5'1

Default This is the story of a girl...

Hey ladies Or as we tend to say quite a bit here in the south, Hey y'all! I'm a 21-year-old full-time student, wife, step-mom, cleaning lady, cook, and personal shopper. Needless to say, I stay busy! But after my last visit to the doctor, I've come to the conclusion that I *really* need to find the time to start eating healthier and exercising. At 5'1, I weighed in at 194 (the last time I remember stepping on a scale, I was at 142...what happened to me?!) and I broke down in silent tears. That's just so depressing! So I decided to try the buddy system since I can't do this alone. All my friends, including my husband, are all toothpicks, so they don't really understand where I'm coming from. I'd love to get to talk with people who have been there, or are in the same place I am now. My goal is to get down to 140 (130 would be absolutely amazing, but I'll worry about that if I can actually make this goal!), so I'm going to need a lot of support and encouragement and prayers to work off 54lbs. I look forward to getting to talk with y'all
Joyeful89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

If there is anything we can help you find, all you have to do is ask. We're happy you're here and happy to help.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

Hey girl... first of all welcome and good luck on your journey. This can be done and if you havent looked through the goal and mini goal forums yet I strongly suggest you do everyone there is a true inspiration. I have found that there is a select few that I think of on the days that get so tough and they get me through the day. This is an amazing place to be even just to read what these ladies have been through is amazing. I would also suggest checking out the 20somethings forum its great. If you have any questions or need someone to talk to dont hesitate.
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/194/130

Height: 5'1

Smile

Thanks so much for the welcome ladies It may seem really silly, but it's wonderful to know that I can ask for help without feeling guilty or bad about myself. I will definitely be exploring the forums more! The 20 somethings was my next stop
Joyeful89 is offline   Reply With Quote