Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/see tracker/200

Height: 5'5"

Default A New Year: A New Me

This is my first time to this forum. A few years ago I lost around 60lbs with the support of a different forum.

My name is Lisa and I am morbidly obese....I like to be blunt with myself about this fact because I feel like it puts things into perspective for me. MORBIDLY obese.....that's tough for a 23 year old to hear.

My highest weight was 280lbs about 3 years ago. At that point I put my foot down and lost 65lbs to reach my lowest of 215lbs. Over the last 3 years I have slowly gained back 50lbs and reached 265 about a month ago. I'm waiting for my new scale to get here in the mail (I stopped trusting my old one) so then I can find out my true weight right now....my guess is around 258.

Anyways, in life I am pretty confident....which I have not always been....it's been a long learning process, but I find myself being a better and more outgoing person when I am living a healthy lifestyle. I have lots of reasons for wanting to lose weight, but I'll be honest and say that a recent breakup resulted in me finding that deep place inside me that got me working out again.

I look forward to getting to know yall. From what I've seen so far, this seems like a great site!
somethingnew912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #2  
.....still thinking.....

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'2

Im new to...good luck to ya
CuteFace ThickWaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Lisa!

Do you have a plan you're going to follow? We have groups by eating plan you may want to check out...also groups by age range, and amount to lose (like the 100 lb club, for those on their way to losing or who have lost 100 lbs or more).

Anyway, look around, settle in, and get to posting. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/see tracker/200

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome!

I have been looking around and there is so much to choose from on this site! It's great!

I have had success with counting calories in the past. I don't have a specific number I go for daily because it depends on how much exercise I do (therefore how much fuel I need for my workouts). Usually I stick to between 1500-1800, well below my BMR, but not extreme. I'm also hypoglycemic, so my plan revolves a lot around balancing my carbs and protein because otherwise I end up feeling sick and binging on carbs. Because I have had success in the past (but lost my way afterwards) I do know quite a bit about nutrition and exercise, but there is so much more for me to learn
somethingnew912 is offline   Reply With Quote