This is me... - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #1  
On the way to "my dream"

S/C/G: 197/152/135

Height: 5' 2"

Default This is me...

Hi everyone,

I am excited to be here and to have found this site. I have been on a weight loss journey my entire adult life. I started a low carb lifestyle back in July 2010 and have lost almost 50 pounds. My start weight 197; my current weight 153. My ultimate goal is to reach 135 and then maintain between 135 and 140. I am now 45 and this is my dream for this year- that I want to make my reality!!
Healthy Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi there!

We have almost the exact same stats....except that I'm a teensy bit taller than you by 1-2 inches.

I started August 09 at 195 and reached goal (135) in April of 2010. And I also used low carb( Atkins)....well, and still am (Atkins maintenance). I love low carbing. I even got below goal (to 130) and have maintained there....even with a bunch of dental surgery I've been going through.

Congratulations on your success so far and you are in good shape to hit goal by spring....just like I did. You will love it....it's great wearing skinny jeans.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #3  
On the way to "my dream"

S/C/G: 197/152/135

Height: 5' 2"

Default Thank you...

Thanks for your reply to my intro. I am so excited about having this website as an additional tool! The best part is interacting with people that are facing or have faced similar challenges.

I have hit a stall...I have stayed between 152-155 for about six weeks now. Did that happen to you at all?
Healthy Chica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

We're the same height and weight!

Good luck with your goals, and GREAT job so far!!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome! Good luck on reaching your goals! You can do it!!!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #6  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hi and welcome to the party!
Stay positive and keep yourself motivated.
Good luck
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi again~

Yes, I did hit some stalls, especially as I got closer to goal. And what I did was something I had learned here....calorie cycling. I began to alternate calories...low on some days and slightly high on other days....and this seemed to shake my metabolism out of the stalls. I would do this at intervals, whenever I hit stalls.
It seemed like as I went along, my metabolism would go into these lulls....and I would have to shake it up to get it moving again. And for me, the calorie-cycling worked for this.

When you get closer to goal, you have to kind of tweak things to keep the scale going in the right direction. You can learn all sorts of info and tips here. I read on all the different forums, not just the low-carb ones and have learned tons of info. There's lots of info on calorie cycling here that you can check out.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote