Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/285/150

Red face 21 Y.O. here and Tired of the same old...

Hello everyone. My name is Paul and as stated in my title, i'm 21 years old and i'm just so fed up with the same old routine of overeating and sedentary habits. I've been overweight for most of my life and its been a downer for me. I feel very depressed about how i look which effects my self-esteem. I also lack energy to do anything physical. My body aches just doing little things. Its not a good thing at all.

I've gone through the usual routine (fad diets, pills and whatnot) and nothing seem to stick. I would always end up sabotaging myself in some way and thus my weigh loss efforts would fail.

I did successfully lose a ton of weight in the past but sadly i gained it all back and then some. I suffer from Major Depression Disorder so that is working against me. I fell like i have no energy and that makes me not want to exercise.

Right now i'm at a point where i just want to tear this wall i've built up and start doing what i need to do in order to be a healthy person. I'm at 288 pounds and 5'8". I have high blood pressure and possibly a candidate for diabetes and other health issues. I can't continue to live my life like this anymore so now its time for a change.

I've already started making changes like exercising. I'm proud to say that i have been consistently working out for 5 days a week, 15 minutes a day of light walking at the local park since last week. This is my starting point. I plan on increasing the duration of my walks to about 1 hour over the course of 4 months to reintroduce my body to being active. Also i plan on focusing on my nutrition by incorporating a sensible eating plan. Nothing fancy just cutting back on the non-healthy foods and increasing the good ones. Baby steps is what i need to focus on, not trying to do everything at once.

I've also started a video diary on youtube, which i hope will motivate me to keep on track with my goals and what i need to do in order to reach them.

Anyways i thank you for reading this and good luck to you all with your goals.

-Paul
firefoxsilver9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Paul - Welcome to 3FC!

It's always nice to have another guy around; there aren't that many of us, but you'll find us scattered on the different threads.

Sounds like you've made a good start to set up some life long plans for eating and exercising that will lead you to feeling a lot better and will let your body find a smaller weight.

Look around, you'll find a bunch of groups where you might feel comfortable: 20-somethings, and 110-lb Club come to mind immediately.

Hope to see you around.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi, Paul, and welcome! I'm fairly new here as well. My best wishes for your success. Definitely check out the Depression and Weight Loss board when you get a chance. It's always nice to know that you're not alone in your struggles.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #4  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome, Paul!

I'm 21 as well, and I can definitely identify with your sentiment of being tired of it all. But you're doing great! You've got a plan and you're implementing that plan! Stick around this site for some great support - there are some fantastic people here.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-19-2010 at 08:22 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #5  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Welcome, Paul! Please do join us in the 20-somethings forum, as Bill mentioned. It is mostly ladies, but men are certainly welcome!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #6  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey Paul! I'm 22 and in Florida, too, so I know how much those Florida summers suck with all that extra weight (not to mention the horrors of going to the beach looking like a whale).

Welcome, and good luck! Let me know if you ever want to chat.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #7  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

Baby steps is a great way to start and stay on track, the weight will come off if you stay commited, you sound like you are on the right path, Join us in the 20 somthing sections
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:05 AM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi Paul and welcome! This is a really supportive place and I think you'll like it here. Sounds like you know what you've got to do to get where you want to be - you're setting yourself up for success!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote