Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #1  
ele

S/C/G: 264/264/140

Height: 5' 2"

Cool First day here :-)

Hi all. This is my first day here. I've got a long way to go and looking for some fellow travellers on the way. I haven't decided yet how I'm going to lose the weight but I have a starting date planned. Any advice about what works would be welcome!!
ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #2  
Just imagine....

Hey girlie and welcome! I'm new here too. I'm a calorie counter and a walker, I really believe it's the only way, FOR ME at least, to lose weight. When is your start date?
Hot Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'10''

Hello. I'm new here too....and I'm like Hot Chicka....walk/jog, exercise videos, yoga, and watching what I eat.

I keep a motivation journal.....with what I eat, exercises I do, quotes, pictures....anything that will help keep me motivated. Keeping track of what you eat and exercises really helps. You can figure out what works for you and what doesn't....and its nice to be able to track your progress so when you get discouraged you can see how far you have come.

When is your start date??
HeavenlyAirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #4  

I suggest you drink water and as much of it as you can.....it flushes out all kinds of poisons and helps your brain to think clearer. When you are thinking more clear, you can then see what direction you want to take. Meanwhile, you are flushing your system out. And by the way, I don't mean drink only water.....just add it to whatever you are doing now as you explore all your possibilities. It's simple but it really helps.
Careabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #5  
ele

Thank you for replies. Its nice to not feel alone in this. I started drinking more water about a month ago.. and cut out alcohol at the same time. Definitely feeling better for the water. Like the idea of a motivational journal very much. Think I will start that tomorrow. My start date is next Tuesday as I'm away for a long weekend visiting family. Hot Chicka - I adore walking but had problems with my lungs last year so have to take exercise slowly for now. Hoping shifting the excess pounds will help with that issue and I'll get up to my old distances again!!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #7  
ele

Hi Michelle

thanks for the encouragement i read your story you are such an inspiration. hope i can do as well as you.. trying to learn patience at the moment.. no more quick fixes that don't work long term.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele View Post
Hi Michelle

thanks for the encouragement i read your story you are such an inspiration. hope i can do as well as you.. trying to learn patience at the moment.. no more quick fixes that don't work long term.
You're welcome and thanks so much. I wish you all the best
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #9  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

to 3FC!
Hugs and Support on your weight loss journey
-Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #10  
BAMF

S/C/G: 253/251/150

Height: 5'5

definitely take a look around, there are TONS of different ways to approach losing weight, trial and error is really the best way to find what method is right for you!
shamrockin32 is offline   Reply With Quote