Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/165/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm tired of hearing "You have such a gorgeous face but..."

Hi there! I'm new here,but I've been lurking for a couple of months now. I am an emotional eater. These past 2 years I have been through a lot of personal drama (i.e. my father almost died, loss of best friend, etc.) and, as a result, I've packed on the pounds very fast. I've gained a solid 30 pounds in the past 2 years. At first I was thinking (hoping?) that my thyroid was acting up since both parents have a thyroid problem. I got blood work done and I found out it wasn't a thyroid problem. As my doctor stated...I just need to make healthier food choices and exercise. I have a desk job, which I hate.

My dad almost died earlier this year due to heart diesase. We are currently waiting for a matching heart so that he can get a heart transplant. I've turned to food as a result....especially making a couple of trips a day to fast food places. Needless to say, I feel so gross.

I've recently just started to go back out and regain a bit of a social life (I had to put my life on hold to help out my family during my dad's time in the hospital). Last night, I met up with a few old friends. A male social acquantence stated that I "still have a georgous face" but that I've put on some weight. He didn't say it in a mean way. I've had family members recently say mean things about my weight gain (while my father was in the hospital!). It's got me to thinking about how so many people have told me that I have this pretty/attractive face. I do have attractive facial features, so I am blessed with that....but neck down is a completely different story.

I keep on thinking to myself....if only I can lose the weight, then my body can be as attractive as my face. LOL

I'm the "fat one" out of my bunch of friends now. It really stinks. They all still treat me well of course and they are not ashamed to hang out with me even though they are all slender.

I'm just tired of hearing "You have such a georgous face...if only you lost some weight, then you would be so hot instead of just cute." I ALWAYS get "Oh, she's so cute!" because I have these really big cheeks when I smile. I use to have definition in my face before I packed on the pounds....now I look like a Cabbage Patch doll when I smile (no joke!).

You would think that after having seen my dad in the hospital almost die due to heart failture...that I would actually start taking better care of myself by eating right and exercising....but it hasn't...

I'm rambling on now. Anyway, I guess I just want to stop feeling sorry for myself and get my butt into the gym as well as stop eating so much food! I over eat ALL THE TIME! I don't know why or how I picked up this habit. I wasn't like this in my 20s (I'm 32 years old btw).

I just need a hug.... I could be someone REALLY physically attractive if only I can slim down.

Is is possible to lose 20 pounds in 4 months without doing anything drastic? I need tips...I need you to hold my hand and hold me accountable. I feel like I've lost myself these past couple of years.

Last edited by rd290; 08-20-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Trying to catch all my typos
rd290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Prayers going up for your dad

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #3  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote