Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #1  

Cool Newbie needs to get into a wedding dress

Hi, My name is Mauri. I'm a 28 year old female. I'm 5'7.5" and I'm hovering between 194-196lbs. I have been exercising an average of five times a week (cardio and strength) and after about a month, nothing. Zilch. Nada. VERY FRUSTRATING!

I'm an apple shape and that is also frustrating. THat means I have a gut, fupa and large boobs, but my legs and booty are actually quite well toned. But that means I either have to buy pants that are too big to accomodate my tummy or face the dreaded muffin top. Sigh. They're not kidding when they say tummy fat is the hardest to lose.

I have a one-year-old, but I was heavy before I had him. I actually didn't gain weight when I was pregnant with him.

I'm getting married next year and really don't want to be a pudgy bride. I also would like to see my body at it's ideal weight at least ONCE in my life. I would also like it to be a permanent change.

That's all for now.
msongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with everything! I'm sure you will be able to reach your goals and congrats on the upcoming nuptials!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

I see you say you've been exercising, but you didn't mention your eating habits...

Exercising is very important, but it can only do so much. Building muscle can help burn fat, but not on its own. What are your eating habits like? Maybe you could start by switching all your sugary drinks to water, and write down what you eat in a day and take a look at your caloric intake.

I don't know if you have an Ipod, but on my Ipod touch, I just downloaded this awesome app called "Lose It!" In it you can track everything you eat, your weight, calories, nutritional intake, and it creates a calorie budget for you and tracks your daily, weekly, monthly progress against your goals... I really like it so far. If you don't have an Ipod, that's certainly something you can do yourself in a food journal.

It's awesome you've started exercising. Once you start losing the fat, you'll start uncovering all the beautiful muscle you're building!
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome Mauri to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote