Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348/348/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Greetings and Salutations

Hello, I'm glad to be here. My name is Kimberley, and I'm turning 40 in 2 days...which I'm actually a little thrilled about - go figure. While I'm enjoying that I'm growing older fairly gracefully, I know I have one major hurdle to jump. The reason we're all here...my weight and whatever health issues that arise from that. I have a whole person to drop, and a big person! Like 200 pounds which I still am trying to figure out how they came to be attached to me.... *scratches head*

I have some extra incentive, though. I'm kinda a new mom. If I can still call myself a new mom when my daughter turns 2 in September. Boy is her energy off the charts! I love being a mother, and I love watching her grow and explore - and I want to keep doing that for a LONG time, thank you very much. She is the most amazing thing that has ever been...ever...and I want to be a good example for her. As it is, she already is trying to pull my lard-butt off the couch many times an evening for a game of "get you!" (chasing her around our circular kitchen). This is good for me, and fun for her, but not really enough, now is it?

Now my doctor has suggested that I get gastric bypass surgery - and I'm having a hard time figuring out how a person lives with half a stomach (less actually) and having visions of future archeologists digging up my body thinking there was some really freaky practices being done in our age.

I'm willing to do it - BUT I want one last shot at doing it on my own. Luckily my insurance demands a 6 month counseling period before I can get a referral to the surgeon, so it's given me time to prepare myself.

So...I'm starting p90, or rather re-starting it, tomorrow. I enjoyed the workouts, and I love that I didn't feel pushed into trying to keep up with the wee-folk on the screen, and I could go at my pace. As all moms know, time is of the essence and it's hard to find that 30-60 minutes to work out every day. But it's all excuses, and I have to start being nice to myself and stop giving them.

So I hope to find lots of positive feedback and inspiration along my journey, and in return I hope I can do the same.

Many blessings all you beautiful fat chicks!

Elraidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥