Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/253/210

Height: 5'11"

Exclamation new and not sure...

I am a division 1 college athlete...I play softball and have always been a bigger girl. I want to lose weight for both athletic and asthetic reasons. Athletically I feel I will better be able to complete my conditioning and increase my speed if I drop a few pounds in these thunder thighs I have. I am quite muscular as I am the strongest lifter on my team by far so muscle is not an issue. I really just want to lose the pillowtop on top of my firm mattress (thats how I like to describe my body these days). I currently weigh just over 250...I am almost 6' tall. I read that the healthy weight range for someone my height is between 140-180, but I think 180 would be too skinny for me...and with my athletic build, very well may be impossible. I don't want to lose too much weight as I need it to hit homeruns () but I have no clue what my goal weight should really be!!!

I haven't ever really pursued weight loss seriously except for the bit of SBD I did with my family while in HS...my mother and I started WW on Monday. She is a repeat user and thought it would be easier for me to count points than anything else haha! I have a friend at school who is going to be my WW partner when my summer at home is over (so grateful for that!)...

I am active. I workout at least 5 times a week while I am at home for the summer (as I have an impending fitness test waiting for me when I return to school) and often more than that when I am at school and in season. Our conditioning and lifting is high intensity and practice is as high intensity as our coaches can make it I guess!

Anyone with any insight as to what a good athletic weight would be for me, not too small, and not to big to compete in a sport played at a very high level. I have thought about just going for what my body looks like and what sizes I am wearing instead because I think my muscle concentration may throw my scale number off a bit ( I don't think I look like I'm 250 now)...please help!!
dshaw224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have no clue what you should have your goal weight set at but wanted to welcome you to the forums and wish you good luck with your goals.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Since you are an athlete your muscle is going to tip the scale higher so you will always weigh more than you look, but I don't see any reason why you can't lose the 'pillow top'. {cute idea, I'll have to steal that} I think 210 is a good starting goal weight to aim for, you can always change it after you get to 210 and see what you think, then stop, maintain, or keep going.

I suggest you look for a Support Group or Challenge to join {maybe in the WW forum since you are already doing WW}; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated, find one that inspires you or fits your needs, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/253/210

Height: 5'11"

Thank you both! I'm definitely going to need some sort of accountability partner to keep me on the elusive "wagon" hahaha!
dshaw224 is offline   Reply With Quote