Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/235/140

Height: 5'2''

Default Hi, Im Chels (:

Hey everyone!
My name is Chelsea and I'm 19 years old. Im married to my wonderful husband named David. I have started my weight loss goal in hopes of being healthy, happy, and for my disease to get better.
April 29th, 2009, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, better know as PCOS. In a nutshell, I have cysts on my ovaries and it's hard to concieve and very hard to lose weight. My body is against me in weight loss because I produce too much sugar and store it as fat, kind of like a diabetic. The symptoms of PCOS are painful and very unflattering [weight gain, acne, extra hair, cysts bursts, irregular cycles, etc.] There's no cure, but with diet and exercise, I can hopefully lose enough weight to conceive. Weight loss has been proven to help women in my position, so why not knock out 2 birds with one stone, right? (:
I've been rather chubby my whole life but developed binge eating after my mom passed away from hodgkins Lymphoma in 2003. I went into depression, self mutilating, just a big mess. By the time I was 15, I was into drugs, drinking, and not caring about anything. I could go days without eating, but after my high came down, I would eat everything with no regrets. When I met David in 2006, I was sober but still had bouts of self inflicting. He helped me through it and we've been together ever since, and married Feb. 2009.
My life is better than what it has been within the past 7 years, and I only hope that I can lose weight to become the person I want to be, a great wife, happy, healthy, and a mommy one day. Thank you for reading this and Im here for any talking or questions. Im very friendly and talkative.

Chelsea, aka Chels
Chels27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/190/150

Height: 5'7''

I'm not sure how many natural food stores there are in Texas, but something that might help you is Kombucha. When drank on a daily basis it can help hair growth and strength, it helps skin quality, and a whole slew of things. The main brand "GT" or "Synergy" is the best. There are tons of different yummy flavors and it makes you feel so good after drinking it. My favorite is strawberry
You should definitely look into it, and if you like it you can actually make it yourself at home!
IAmMeLetMeBeFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #3  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

welcome! i am so sorry to hear about your mom. congrats on reaching out to connect with others. it's a great idea to have as many connections and sources of info and support as possible. there are lots of different sections here, including sections on trying to start a new way of eating lifestyle while dealing with challenges, sections on pcos and on depression and others. congrats on your wedding! take care and good luck with your journey!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

We have a PCOS section here if you would like to check it out - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ce-support-70/

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #5  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/235/140

Height: 5'2''

I will check that out! Thanks so much for welcoming me. I need all the support I can get!
Chels27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #7  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome Chelsea, we are glad you are here, please be good to yourself and take it one day at a time. I am sorry to hear about your Mom and having to deal with PCOD which can be very taxing on the body. Keep us updated and keep posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chels27 View Post
Hey everyone!
My name is Chelsea and I'm 19 years old. Im married to my wonderful husband named David. I have started my weight loss goal in hopes of being healthy, happy, and for my disease to get better.
April 29th, 2009, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, better know as PCOS. In a nutshell, I have cysts on my ovaries and it's hard to concieve and very hard to lose weight. My body is against me in weight loss because I produce too much sugar and store it as fat, kind of like a diabetic. The symptoms of PCOS are painful and very unflattering [weight gain, acne, extra hair, cysts bursts, irregular cycles, etc.] There's no cure, but with diet and exercise, I can hopefully lose enough weight to conceive. Weight loss has been proven to help women in my position, so why not knock out 2 birds with one stone, right? (:
I've been rather chubby my whole life but developed binge eating after my mom passed away from hodgkins Lymphoma in 2003. I went into depression, self mutilating, just a big mess. By the time I was 15, I was into drugs, drinking, and not caring about anything. I could go days without eating, but after my high came down, I would eat everything with no regrets. When I met David in 2006, I was sober but still had bouts of self inflicting. He helped me through it and we've been together ever since, and married Feb. 2009.
My life is better than what it has been within the past 7 years, and I only hope that I can lose weight to become the person I want to be, a great wife, happy, healthy, and a mommy one day. Thank you for reading this and Im here for any talking or questions. Im very friendly and talkative.

Chelsea, aka Chels
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote