Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #1  
100% Commited Member

S/C/G: 362/317/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hello, Maggie here! :)

Hey everyone! My name is Maggie and I am 20 years old, I will be turning 21 on the 23rd of May! Well here are a few things to help you get to know me better. I have always been overweight,even as a child, theres not a day in my life that I remember being skinny or thin. Ive been through alot of hard times because of my weight..like dropping out of highschool and doing drugs..not keeping a job and I still struggle with that. Right now Im making a promise to myself to change. Not only because I want to, and have always dreamt of being in a more healthy weight range, but because I've literaly LOST control. Right now I am facing time in jail or possibly drug court because I got pulled over for DUI back in April, and racked up another charge for possession of a controled substance..xanax. Which here in Nebraska is a felony..I have court the 25th to find out what will happen to me. =/ I am not a dirty drug do-er if thats the impression I have given. I do want to change! Before I got caught up, I wanted to change. And I will. Its taken me a few days to get the courage to introduce myself. Ive been reading alot of posts around here and Im astounded by how many stories fell so close to home. I literaly read and read for hours! I even cried. Im so glad I found this forum! It literaly is the best forum Ive ever registered to. But anyways right now I am 320 lbs, my goal is to get down to 140 because I am 5 ft 3 . I know it will take a while but I know it is accomplishable. I use to weigh 370lbs..I was extremely unhealthy and almost to the point of being immobile. Carrying that much weight on a 5 ft 3 frame is very uncomfortable and even at 320 I dont feel like I can do alot of things. But it doesnt stop me. I try to walk my dog as much as I can on a trail near my home which we get in about 2 miles of walking everytime we go. Which for me is alot! Ive been trying to do more excercises around here at home, like tae-bo. ..and ive been watching what I eat for the past few days since Ive visited this site. Well I am going to cut this short becaue Im not sure else what to say as of now. Feel free to send me messages or add me as a friend, I will take as much support as I can get and will be there rootin you all on as well! Take care! ~peace~
~maggie marie.*
pink1gloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/218.5/150

Hi Maggie,

Welcome. I'm new here too. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now but it looks like you are wanting a change. If you want to achieve this, I'm sure you can with some time and patience. You can do this and it looks like this place will have a lot of people that will cheer you on. Hang in there and remember, just take one day at a time.

Kendra
wishtobethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #3  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Maggie Marie,
As the old saying goes, today is the first day of the rest of your life. It sounds like you really want to make some changes to better your health and your life. Change is possible if you want it bad enough to do the hard work that it involves. Here at 3FC, you will find the support, inspiration, and information to help you along to your goals. You are so young ... you have a whole life ahead of you. Why not work hard and make it the life that you have dreamed of? We will be here to support you and I hope that you post often. All bets are on you!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:55 AM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Congrats on your weight loss so far.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Maggie and welcome to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #6  
100% Commited Member

Thanks so much for the warm responses! I appreciate it so much! This journey will be a long one, but I cant wait to accomplish all my mini goals along the way. It feels so much easier having support. My mom trys to help me, but also she likes to bring me home pie and things like that when she goes to Lincoln, NE which is 30 miles north of where I live. Which I wish she wouldn't. But, I told her about 3FC yesterday when we went to walmart together to kind of help her understand what I am trying to do and that all these snacks and stuff she brings me, have to either stop or be replaced by something more "healthier" But she understands and I think her and my dad are going to join me on losing weight. I have one older sister, her name is Jessica. Right now she is in prison in York, NE. She has her son with her in there. He is my first nephew. She had him Jan.21st, so he is only about 4 months old. He gets to stay with her for 18months and She and him will get out next April. But before I ramble on to far, Could someone tell me how to get the weight loss tickers on your signatures?? I havent figured it out yet
Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink1gloss View Post
Thanks so much for the warm responses! I appreciate it so much! This journey will be a long one, but I cant wait to accomplish all my mini goals along the way. It feels so much easier having support. My mom trys to help me, but also she likes to bring me home pie and things like that when she goes to Lincoln, NE which is 30 miles north of where I live. Which I wish she wouldn't. But, I told her about 3FC yesterday when we went to walmart together to kind of help her understand what I am trying to do and that all these snacks and stuff she brings me, have to either stop or be replaced by something more "healthier" But she understands and I think her and my dad are going to join me on losing weight. I have one older sister, her name is Jessica. Right now she is in prison in York, NE. She has her son with her in there. He is my first nephew. She had him Jan.21st, so he is only about 4 months old. He gets to stay with her for 18months and She and him will get out next April. But before I ramble on to far, Could someone tell me how to get the weight loss tickers on your signatures?? I havent figured it out yet
You have to be a member 20 days and have 20 posts to have the ticker in your siggy but here's the how to when it is time for you - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...signature.html
Old 05-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #8  
100% Commited Member

Oh, alright thanks!! I knew there was some kinda trick to it!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

Hehe