Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Trying Again

Hi - I just signed up and really like the idea of this website. I don't know how I've missed it before. Anyway, I'm 47, fat and sick of feeling tired and hating the way I look. I've tried every diet in existence that I could afford over the past 20 years and have lost weight but it never seems to last. I want to really try and change my lifestyle this time and go at this as a way to improve my health and feel better while losing weight but not make it all about the numbers on the scale. That is what has always tripped me up before. I'll do great for a while and then the scale will only show a 1/4 pound loss and I'll think it's not worth the effort so I give it up. I'm excited to check out all the stuff on this website and meet other people going through the same struggles I am.
Ferdy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G'day and welcome Ferdy63 I know it is frustrating when you do everything right but the scale moves slowly but you didn't put the weight on over night so it isn't going to come off overnight that was something I had to come to terms with I am 52 and I have set myself a monthly goal of 1.5kg it is possible but as long as I lose something in that month then I am happy with. I think slow and steady is good so don't give up you will find plenty of support as well as some lovely people here all in the same boat and all going through it together.

Take care stay focused and keep safe!

Julie
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/180

Hi Ferdy,
I am new too... welcome.
Yes, it is time and we will do this!
HealthyJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Hello and welcome! Good luck with your weight loss efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote