Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #1  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Default Just getting started

Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself! I am just your average American mom. I work full time, chase after my toddler, and try to find time for my husband. Sorry it's not more exciting! I think like most moms, after my son was born, I stopped being a priority in my life. Everything else started coming first, the baby, the house, my husband, work, and on and on. Looking back this may not have been the best decision, if I am not taking care of myself, I am unable to be the mother and wife that I want to be. I was one of the lucky ones, I gained 15 lbs during my pregnancy and lost all of it within 4 weeks. Unfortunately, the stress of being a new mom wore me down, and by my son's first birthday party I had gained 50 lbs! With the additional weight I am not able to be the mom I want to be. I want to run around and play with him, I want to have the energy to come home and go to the park, I want to love my life.

I have started the South Beach Diet, I know it's a "fad diet" but it seems to fit well into my lifestyle. I am in Phase One and on Day Five. I am looking for more than a diet, I want a lifestyle change, so I hope this is the change I need!

I am excited to start this journey and look forward to offering encouragement and support to each of you! I know I am going to need it!

Good Luck,
LosinitinCO
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #2  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

It all has to start somewhere. Congrats on taking the steps to get back your life. It's not easy, I'm on week 2 of my lifestyle change, but it's already worth it! Keep us posted on how you're doing!
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/176/130

Height: 5'4

Hi! Welcome! Congratulations on starting your journey! THis will be one of the best things you can do for you and your family! I'm in the same boat as you. I have 2 little girls 11 months apart and I pretty much lost myself over the past 2 years. Its hard putting yourself first because your kids become your focus, but we have to take care of ourselves. I did south beach from July til October and did really well but now I'm calorie counting and thats something that I can do forever. I wish you the best on your journey, we're all here for support!
cynthialynn0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn0313 View Post
Hi! Welcome! Congratulations on starting your journey! THis will be one of the best things you can do for you and your family! I'm in the same boat as you. I have 2 little girls 11 months apart and I pretty much lost myself over the past 2 years. Its hard putting yourself first because your kids become your focus, but we have to take care of ourselves. I did south beach from July til October and did really well but now I'm calorie counting and thats something that I can do forever. I wish you the best on your journey, we're all here for support!
Hi all,

I am going on my trip in vietnam. so that is great country and friendly people. I would like to suggest your family to spend you journey to this country
Diana Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #5  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement! I really appreciate it, best of luck in your journey!

Also, I completely agree that most moms "lose" themselves after having kids. Like many of you said, our kids become our focus. Unfortunately, it is at the expense of us. I am really looking forward to getting back to me so I can be a better mom!

Best of luck,
Kristin
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote