Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/169

Height: 5'3"

Default Starting my journey...

Hello all! I'm so happy to have found what is obviously a welcoming and supporting space.

I'm Jenny. I'm 22, and I've struggled with my weight my entire life. Some of the most poignant moments in my childhood involved my size -- noticing I was bigger than other girls in my class, my father trying to have a gentle conversation with me about eating healthier. All those moments combined and convinced me I was a FAT PERSON, and was destined always to be a FAT PERSON. And what can I say? It was a self-fulfilling prophecy as I ate my way into my current state, excused my by assumption that I'd always be like this.

That ends now.

I weight about 220. My highest weight was 230, about two years ago. I struggled with bulimia for a bit and dropped to 150, then rocketed back up when I recovered from my eating disorder. One eating disorder to another... lovely.

I work in politics -- have for several years -- and the hours and the constant parade of crap food in campaign offices has definitely taken it's toll.

But my life is more that crap food. I have a beautiful partner who I love, an incredibly job, and a bright future. So I'm setting out to prove that I have as much respect for myself as I do for my friends and family. I'm happy I found this place at the beginning...
JennyJumpUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #2  
I will make time!!!

Hello JennyJumpUp.
Yeah, it is a self-fulfillly thing. Congradulations on starting this new journey, and for loving and having enough respect for yourself to start now. You deserve the fullest out of life!

I'm so sorry about those disorders.
And for your job, maybe have a peace of gum with you-or brush your teeth right before you go out, and drink a glass of water to help fill you up before the event. That should help you stay focused.

This is the best place for a new beginning, and you so do have a very bright future.

Last edited by SnowWolf; 03-01-2010 at 10:16 PM.
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/169

Height: 5'3"

Thanks SnowWolf!
JennyJumpUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Jenny, and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote