Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/214/165

Height: 5'6

Default Tired of being chubby... send some motivation my way

Hello all! I just had a baby in december and Im the heaviest I ever been in my life. tipping the scales at 214lb. Im disgusted and cant take it anymore. I've lost weight before, but I cnt seem to get started now.... please, any suggestions?? I have the jillian michaels 30 day shred but I only work out like 2 maybe 3 times a week. My eating habits are garbage... please send some advice!!

thanks soooo much.
phatmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/198/135

Height: 5'3

I can definitely relate. I came here looking for motivation and had several great people offer advice. Although, working out was never an issue for me (I actually really enjoy it) my eating habits were awful. I started researching alternatives to food I typically eat. Once I started looking at all the wasteful calories I was consuming I started brainwashing myself to eat smarter. For example for every large egg you consume (with yolk hard boiled) you can consume 4 eggs whites (to enhance the flavor I mix mine with salsa or put it on toast). My family is also big on pork so it is frequently cooked. I was in the grocery store and compared the labels to turkey bacon/sausage to regular bacon/sausage and it was like night and day. So I would suggest looking for better alternatives and even if you make one healthy choice a day its making progress. Don't expect to break old habits over night because you'll end up beating yourself up when you slip up. I can't live without something sweet at night. So I picked up those low calorie fat free fudgsicles (can't taste a difference) and let myself indulge on one a night. Small changes like that will go far over a long period of time. I hope this helps!
Dyeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to 3FC's ~ that is great advice from DY ... just make small changes each day; take it one step at a time, and before you know it, you will be eating healthier again. There are many interesting forums and threads here, esp about whole foods and calorie counting, etc. I know that you will find something that is helpful. The people here are very friendly and supportive as well ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

hey girl! welcome and just take it one day at a time and each day you make it just mark it off on your calendar (put a smiley face) and just come on here when ever you can to get some motivation from people before and after pictures and read peoples posts and that should keep you going
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote