Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-17-2010, 04:38 AM   #1  

Location: Ohio,But I'm moving somewhere else...It might be Texas.

S/C/G: 270/250/130

Height: 5'8'

Default Overweight and not loving it. A new life starts now,Looking for support.

Hello, My name is Shelby. I'm 18 years old, I'm 5'8' and I weigh about 260 pounds. That's 130 pounds overweight! I've been over weight my entire life and I'm sick of it. I'm going to go on a diet and this time it will work! Or at least thats what I'm telling myself. I've never had luck sticking to diet or exorcise. But This time it's not just a diet, It's a lifestyle change. I'm moving out of state and It's my chance to change for the better. To become a different person, a skinny healthy version of the person I've always wanted to be. Inside I'm a crazy creative fun person with a flair for VK fashion and nerdy comic book conventions. As of now I am a overly sensitive,depressed,fat,shy,lazy loser with no confidence at all. And I don't like it.

I want to be that cute girl in the mini skirt or that hot chick at the gym. I refuse to be an ugly fat teenager any longer. I want cute clothes and when I buy clothes I want to pay the regular price,and not $2 extra because I'm fatter. I'm a emotional eater, I eat when I'm sad,mad,and a lot of times just when I'm bored. I'm fed up and upset with myself. If I go any further I'll get sick and die. I want to live as long as possible.

My family has a bad and big history of obesity,cancer,diabetes, and a lot of other problems. My being fat it only going to increase the chances of me getting something bad that can't be cured. The one thing I can fix is being fat and that's what I'm going to do,while I still can. I don't want my life to be over before it begins. I want to become someone I love. I don't really have any support at home,so I joined this site in hoping someone would help motivate me,and so I can help to motivate someone else so they can reach their dream of being healthy,fit,and happy. Plus It wouldn't hurt to make a few friends
ArtistOfNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Hi Shelby!! Welcome to 3fc...I was a lurker and was away for a while due to college..but I'm here and was looking for a buddy earlier and posted in another thread...you might wanna drop a line there too! (i can't link because of the post limit..so search for threads started by "SongOfSunlight")

so..I'll repost here..about me

message me here...i'm not allowed to post my email...or you can FB me..my username is the same here and on FB

A couple of random facts about myself, I was overweight basically all my life and I want to change that. I'm 23 fixing to turn 24. I'm gonna be honest...the weight loss is equally about looks and health. My biggest problem is fast food...I live with my parents..my mom is very sick right now..so trips to the hospital are about 2 or 3 a week and they are all day long....nothing serious..just most primary doctors aren't the best equipped for her conditions and those trips are exhausting and I need to get better at cooking dinner..usually want to be lazy after those all day appointments. I'm an emotional eater too!
I love hanging out with friends...and going to the club..mostly for the dancing and music...I'm not sipping my calories away anymore! I'm a night owl...so most of the times...I'll be up late.
I'm looking forward to getting to know ya and have someone to be accountable with!

<3 Carlee

Last edited by carlee86; 02-17-2010 at 04:50 AM.
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

I didn't even see the 3rd paragraph when I replied (sorry for over looking it)

I'm actually in the same boat...most people just use that saying. I actually mean it! Diabetes in my family: My Great Aunt, My Grandma, My Mom, My Dad, My Aunt, My Great Uncle, My Grandpa's Brother. My Grandpa & Grandma have had valves replaced in the hearts...mom has heart failure..kidney disease...pulmonary hyper tension and has severe nerve & spinal damage from a freak happening in her back with the discs. I too am scared that being overweight will put me on the fast track to being sick as well!

I too want to be the healthier better looking me. But there's nothing stopping you from rocking the mini skirt right now! Right now I have on aqua leggings (size XL) woot..on that...and a mini skirt (size 22..not to spectactular) a purple/wine Old Navy extra roomy made shirt..(XXL) and a 1x aqua tank..I rocked it out today..I got 3 compliments today...just getting gas at the store. Rarely are compliments ever rcv'd...so it was pretty cool.

My leggings were $7 and so was my skirt! I bought them at dots (I'm not sure if they are in Ohio...but they are in Texas!)..the skirt was on sale..because it was getting cold...2 years or so ago. I love the tights/leggings with skirts..I bought every color tights I could get that day and mini skirts they had on sale. I've had them for over 2 years and they look great. Don't be afraid to dress cute..while overweight..don't hold yourself back..I did for years from 16-18... T's and jeans...if you look frumpy...you'll feel frumpy! Rock some cute cheap earrings...rock a bracelet..I made some awesome pretty necklaces..love them! I also crocheted some hair accessories..I also make hair bows. If you need some cool accessories..I'll hook you up! Heck I've even rocked black leggings with a black tube top..it was a tunic style...very long...with a bright blue tutu I made..to the club. Don't be afraid to live life and have fun!
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5"6

I so agree on how you should still dress how you would want and not to "hold back" in being fashionable/unique/hip/awesome in clothing choices! I am my own unique style as well, and regardless of my size I choose to rock what ever *I* think looks good. With that being said, all of my local Old Navy's have really de-cressed there plus sized section and added in a work out clothes section instead??! Don't know if its the same across the country but it has been a bit discouraging to say the least. Yes, exercise IS important but @ the same time I used to love going in there and able to easily find clothes. There are still sizes that fit me in there (20) but its always better with more selection.
SpicySiren is offline   Reply With Quote