Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #1  
tammy210

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5 feet

Unhappy Hello Everyone

Its been almost 5 years since I've been on 3 Fat Chicks. Wow, A long time! Since than I've gained almost 30 pounds extra. My self-esteem is very low and i am very unhappy with my physical appearance. I need Help!: I need will power to exercise: .
tammy210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #2  

Well since you have a 2005 join date all you need to do is get to goal and everybody will think you are the ultimate guru
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Tammi!
Hey, most of us here have lost only to gain it back - but sounds like you're ready to get back on track and get it done, no looking back, no beating yourself up, just moving forward - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on..

Glad to have you back us! There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome back - you're in the right place - jump right back in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-25-2010 at 01:44 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/203/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Tammy! Sometimes, I think will power is greatly overrated. It seems to me it's really only useful for doing things you don't really want to do. Maybe, when it comes to dieting and particularly (for me) exercising, what we need more than will power is good motivation and help from our friends.

Well, that's the great thing about this forum -- you WILL make friends and we'll cheer you on. As for motivation, I kept a list of all the reasons I want to lose weight and when I got to the point that I REALLY REALLY wanted to do it, then I didn't seem to need will power. I just kept reminding myself of all the great things that are in store for me when I lose (including nice new regular-size clothes!).

You know what's really odd? I looked at your photo in your profile and you're beautiful! I never looked that good even when I was young and thin. If you were my daughter (and I'm almost old enough to be your grandma!) I'd be so proud of the way you look. I'd be pointing you out to complete strangers and saying "That's my girl, the beautiful one over there!"

I can't wait to read your messages as you start losing weight (and gaining back your self-esteem!). It's going to happen a lot faster than you expect.

Barbara, in Oregon

Last edited by bbigham; 01-26-2010 at 04:09 AM.
bbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #5  
Lamest Loner Around

S/C/G: 278/260/130

Height: 5'6

I totally understand you there!! I have such little will-power myself. So i try to make my exercising fun/something i enjoy doing, Like DDR! I think i'd go crazy if i had to do some boring a-typical exercise routine! I never can stick to those....but DDR, i can! I hope you find your niche too!! *hugs*

xoxoxo
*~ Violet ~*
<3
0o0o KimoKawaii o0o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I hate exercise too but know it's necessary. The last 25 or 26 days I've been seriously getting control on my eating, I've been making small steps by way of exercise: I notice if I try to change too much at once, I fail. So I've been taking the steps when I take the train in the AM. I walk up AND down. I started Wii Fitting last night. My ultimate goal is to feel enough in shape by May 1 to get on my bike again!

so I guess my point is Small Steps?

BACK!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o KimoKawaii o0o0 View Post
I totally understand you there!! I have such little will-power myself. So i try to make my exercising fun/something i enjoy doing, Like DDR! <snip>
Just curious -- What's "DDR?"
Old 01-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Dance Dance Revolution.

It's a video game -- I am sure you've seen it referenced to in movies -- you move along on the pad with the arrows in tune to the music...
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #9  

Oh! I guess I really AM out of the loop. I don't think I've ever heard of it (my favorite movies are oldies .... like me!). Sounds like it would be fun though, and very energizing! Back in my dancin' days (the twist and disco stuff) I sure was thin. Maybe that was why!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #10  

I LOVE DDR as I love to Dance. I get so wrapped up in trying to match those arrows I forget I am exercising, which is just how I like it. Feeling, moving, and grooving with the music.
RedRock is offline   Reply With Quote