Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #1  
Really gonna do it!!

S/C/G: 215/209/155

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm baaaaack

Well...here I am again. Ugh. I was here for a little while last year, and I absolutely loved it. I don't know why I quit. Well, actually I have several theories, but if I got into that I'd need to start a blog, because it would be a looooong story!

Anyway, I'm back, and I haven't really come up with a diet strategy yet. My initial focus this year is on fitness. I'm going to try to see how many miles I can walk in 2010. I would love it if I could walk 1000. I thought it was an outlandish goal...but now I see that there is an entire thread on here full of people with the same goal...so I'm really going to try to do it. I got a Garmin Forerunner 305 gps for Christmas, so I'm going to put it to good use (it's awesome for tracking my walks/routes/mileage, etc.).

A bit about me...I'm 37, married, with 2 little girls...6 and 5. I work in downtown Atlanta as an attorney, and have a horrible commute that takes up way too much of my time.

Hopefully I'll stick around this time and work on fitness all year!!
DoubleDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back!
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi DoubleDomer!
Sounds like you have a busy life and your hands full - hey, it happens to all of us, we get off track but you're back with a great fitness plan - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you back with us! There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome back - you're in the right place - jump right back in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:16 AM   #5  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Great To Have You Back

I'm in the "1000 Miles in 2010" challenge, too. Best of luck in reaching all your goals.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #6  
Really gonna do it!!

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm hoping that by focusing more on fitness, I'll have more success this time around, and make the permanent life changes that are most important to my health (strong history of high blood pressure and strokes in the family).

Now I just need to get an exercise ticker and I'll be good to go!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #7  
Really gonna do it!!

Well, rather than start a NEW new thread, I thought I'd just tack back onto my old one! Slight diversion with all of my fitness goals last year, but for very good reason. I found out in February that I was pregnant with my 3rd child! I gave birth to a wonderful little baby girl on October 5th. I'm now 6 months post-partum, and not doing so well fitness/weight wise...so I'm going to try again to get back on track.

Amazingly I didn't gain much during my pregnancy. With my last 2, I balooned up 45-55 pounds with each, but this time around, I only gained about 15 pounds. 6 weeks postpartum, I had lost 30. I honestlly think I may have had some weird thyroid things going on or something...the weight just poured off (and I was sweating constantly). Anyway, at this point, I seem to be back to my norm...and the weight has crept back on. I don't even know exactly what I weigh...I'll do an official weigh-in tomorrow and update my ticker. But I suspect it's in the 210 range. I just came back from a vacation with the family, and we ate out a LOT.

Since I'm still nursing, and plan to continue doing so for another 6 mos or so, I'm hopeful that will help me jump start things...although at the same time it limits the amount of dieting I can do (though, to be honest with myself...it's the junk that's putting on the pounds, and the baby has no need for me to eat THAT!!).

Anyway, just thought I'd re-introduce myself. I'll try to stick around!