Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Count Me In!

I have lost 34 pounds in the last year doing it the "hard" way, counting calories and exercising....AND I have kept it off!!

My boyfriend recently started Nutrisystem and lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks. I decided to try to make my own Nutrisystem plan. I will be using a combination of fiber/protein bars for breakfasts with fruit, a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner (with salad or veggies) and low cal snacks like yogurt when I get the munchies in the afternoon. I am also starting the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD.

My mini-goal is lose 50 pounds by the end of May. I am going on a Mediterranean cruise and want to not only look great but feel great about climbing all the steps in all the cathedrals I want to visit. I will keep you posted!

How do you get the cool weight tracker at the bottom of your posts?
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome to you!

For the ticker in your profile you need to be here for 20 days and have 20 posts. So jump on in and let us get to know you!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:00 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Laughinggirl. Nice to see you. Your trip sounds very cool. I too have lost my weight the "hard" way and looking back, it really wasn't so hard after all. I hope that whatever plan you take to reach your goal you will continue to stick to it and commit to a healthier new you. It is SOOOOOO worth it.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi LaughingGirl!
Congrats on all your success so far - sounds like you're ready to get it done with a good plan and determination - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - Mediterranean cruise, here you come,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #5  

Default Support

Wow! Everyone seems so supportive and encouraging on this site. I have to admit it is discouraging when my boyfriend says, cool--I lost another 3 pounds yesterday....Oh to lose weight like a man!

I bought all of my food for the next week and half and have planned out all of my meals. I think it will help not having to figure what to make or what to stop for on the way home that is semi-healthy. I'm hoping that this will break that habit.

I'm also hoping to save money. By planning out my meals and buying them when they are on sale, I won't be spending money daily on food.

You are all wonderful for your support! I gained a lot of weight through my short marriage and subsequent divorce. I've lost almost all of me "divorce" weight and now just need to work on the "marriage" weight. I guess you could say I found out I was a stress-eater.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #6  

Michelle, that is awesome--Your have lost so much weight and quit smoking!! Very encouraging.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #7  

Lee, what a sweet message--Thank you!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #8  

Lori,

Wow, 190 pounds is inspirational! I have been very happy I have kept off the original 34 pounds over a year and a half and you're right, it really wasn't that hard but I have am stuck and need to jump-start my weight-loss again. Hopefully this will do the trick.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #9  
peace<3

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

welcome to 3fc!
makeupforlifee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #10  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! I'm glad you're here. Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #11  

Thanks Midwife,

I took your suggestion and checked out the 30-something sub-forum. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Laughing Girl! Welcome. You have found a good place. There isn't just support here--real answers too. I love your idea of your own Nutrisystem. Please let us know how it's working. Glad you are here!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #13  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome to 3FC!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote