Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #1  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Hi! Starting "Crack the Fat Loss Code" on 1/4/10

Hi 3FC Members!

I'm am NEW and just wanted to introduce myself!

I have been on MANY different plans, you name it, I could start a Library! I had all but given up on loosing weight - my body has got'n so SMART at keeping what it has, I just gave up...UNTIL...a friend told me about Wendy Chant's "Crack the Fat Loss Code".

I started the plan on 11/30/09 - today I have lost 2 pounds, but there are health issues that have popped up this week (my neck, and my hubby possibly having a stroke in the past) that I have decided that for mine and my hubby's sanity through the Holidays - that I would postpone this NEW adventure until January 4, 2010 ("Crack" system works BEST if started on a Monday).

SO! There's my story! I'm excited about loosen weight! Picked up some walking sticks at the store yesterday and will start to walk before my begin date - but until then - I will:

Study...
Get to know 3FC...
Get my 3FC Journal Started...(maybe)
Get my FitDay Journal Started...(maybe)
Enjoy the Holidays with my family - in a reasonable eating manner!...

Please, I welcome ALL comments from you "seasoned" WOE members - let me know if you do the FitDay, or just keep it simple with a food log of your own. Any help is MUCH appreciated!

If I could make this EASIER - by keep'n it simple (I tend to complicate things) I KNOW I am more likely to succeed. Any advice you can give me will be a welcome treasure!

Thank You!
See ya Lighter!
Kim

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-02-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: typo's
Old 12-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KIM ~ I have not read that book, but I do my own tracking journal as I find it simpler for me. I just have a list of the foods we eat the most at the bottom and track on top each day: fast and easy. I'm glad that you have decided to commit to getting healthy again; like you, I have been on many diets, but now I am on a journey (with my own plan) to be as healthy as I can be, for the rest of my life -- that is my goal. See you lighter too ...
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #3  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Thank you SO much for the Welcome JustWantT2BHealthy!
I have chosen "Crack the Fat Loss Code" because that is what has gotten me excited about loosing weight again.

I'm look'n for a group to get involved with - do you have a suggestion?
I'm going to be 55,
I am in the 200 Lb. range (wanting to be in the Onederland)
And, I am a Christian...
Have an Idea???

Thanks!
See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Old 12-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #5  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Onederchic!
I'm GLAD I found this site! Great people here!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 360/308.4/165

Height: 5'11

Welcome! I'm sure you will find everyone inspirational and very happy to help you reach your goals!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #7  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

SO much tattooedmom! It's GREAT to be here!

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-03-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hiya Kim. It's great you have a plan, and I'm happy you are excited to get started, but please remember that there will be a national, religious, or regional holiday or birthday approx. every month of the year. You will have aches and pains and your spouse and family members will have many of their own issues for the rest of their lives. I hope you don't postpone your journey every time something comes up...because life is full of suprises.

In the month you are waiting to start, you could be 10-15 (or more) pounds lighter. Why not start tomorrow or (next monday if it is truly better to start your particular plan on a Monday for some reason). If you really want to enjoy the holidays, (2 days that are several weeks away yet), splurge a little on those 2 days and get right back to it. Losing weight is a lifestyle change...and I can tell you that without a doubt, that last year was the best Holiday season I ever had...EVER and I know it was because I felt GOOD about myself...because I was well on my way to getting healthy. I didn't need food to enjoy it. Sticking to a healthy diet does not take the "fun away" from an already wonderful time of year.

I found your starting weight interesting!!...222. I started out at 333, a whole 111 pounds heavier. That last 111 came on rather quickly, while I was "waiting" to start a plan.

Please reconcider starting now. In the words of another 3FC member: "Don't wait, your life is calling you!"

Anyway, I really hope all goes well for you.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 12-04-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #9  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Hiya Kim...Please reconsider starting now. In the words of another 3FC member: "Don't wait, your life is calling you!"
Anyway, I really hope all goes well for you.
Hi Lori and for the welcome. What you said, I really read with my heart open...and you are right...100% correct!

I'm gon'a do it!
Starting Monday, I'm starting this all over again!

I thank you so much for telling me like it is! My hubby will be happy too! He was upset when I told him I was putting it off until January!

Thank you so much!
See ya Lighter!
Kim

PS - Lori you look SO much like my Mom! (She passed away in 1976). She and I are both from North Platte, NE - SMALL WORLD!!!

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-03-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #10  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Started my program TODAY!
So far - feel'n GREAT!

Thanks so much Lori Bell!
Without your post, I would still be waiting for 1/4/10!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #11  
Weigh Down Yonder

YAY Kim!
First of all, welcome - so glad to have you join us - there are lot of forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will motivate, inform and inspire you - it also sounds like you will be a great addition to any of them.

Lori Bell's advice really cut right to the heart of the challenge for all of us - we are all guilty of putting off 'til another day, a better time - personally that's why I allowed my weight to get so out of control by starting on Monday or next week - it then turned into years.

There's no better time than now since that's the only thing we have control of - the past is over and done - but what we do today will determine tomorrow - I want to be healthier and lighter tomorrow - so I stick to my plan today - I'm so glad you have decided this, too! We all have to do it a day at a time but here at 3FC , there's plenty of company to help us along.

I wish the best for you in achieving your goals - I hope your husband is doing well - see you around the forums!

~Lee
Old 12-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #12  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeway View Post
YAY Kim!

There's no better time than now since that's the only thing we have control of - the past is over and done - but what we do today will determine tomorrow - I want to be healthier and lighter tomorrow - so I stick to my plan today - I'm so glad you have decided this, too! We all have to do it a day at a time but here at 3FC , there's plenty of company to help us along.

I wish the best for you in achieving your goals - I hope your husband is doing well - see you around the forums!
~Lee
Awwwww....LEE! Thank you SO much!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #13  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

I have started a NEW thread that will start each week on a Monday. That way it won't get too long and people just jumping in won't be over loaded with a lot of

Here's a link to the new thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...ml#post3045324

Have fun and come and join in!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Closed Thread