Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #1  

Red face I want to be FIT and Fabulous!

Hi my name is Trini. I am 45 years old and a single mom of two very active boys still in elementary school. This past year has been one of realization for me. Realization that I am FAT not FIT. Realization that I am willing to do something about it for my health and for my sons. Realization that happiness is relative to the way you feel about yourself and I don't feel very good about myself the way I am.

I weigh 200 and something, I don't know the exact number because I will not weigh myself for fear of the number. I can tell by the way my clothes fit me. I am in a size 18 and am determined to be a size 8. That is 10 sizes, WOW! I think I just realized that writing this. I decided this past birthday that I am going to get healthy for me. When I turn 50 I want to be FIt and Fabulous. I am hoping that it doesn't take me that long, but I am not putting a time limit on this for my sanity.

So my inspiration is Valerie Bertinelli, I have always been a fan and I know I can have a body like hers as I, like her did when I was younger. Watching her lose her weight made me think I could too. Before that I was willing to accept the way I was chalking it up to age and that's what happens when you get older. NOT TRUE!! Now I'm not kidding myself here, I know that she has a team of trainers at her beck and call. That will not discourage me! While researching my best method I also found a 60something grandma who is now a bodybuilder. My google search led me to her on bodybuilding.com, a great site for motivation and information about nutrition and exercise.

I think I am gearing toward the eating healthy every 2-3 hours, and developing an exercise routine that includes weight training and cardio to tone me up. Sounds simple RIGHT? I know it won't be as I do absolutely nothing in the exercise dept. now.

Ok, so after all that I am so glad I found this website! It looks like just what I need to keep motivated and trade information with people trying to do the same thing. So LET'S DO THIS!!!

I am glad to be here!

Trini
tttrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Trini and welcome to 3FC. Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Trini!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different plans to help choose the right one for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Trini,

Welcome to 3FC! I like you am also 45 and still have 2 children in elementary school. One fine day this February I woke up at almost 200 lbs at 5'3" and felt pretty much the same way. I made up my mind that I wasn't going to be fat anymore! I threw out all the sugary snacks, refined carbs (white bread, rice, potatoes and pasta). I learned that McDonalds drive through is a great place to get a diet coke but the food is not the best idea for a meal.

8 months later I am down to 114 lbs, a size 0 - 2 (depends on brands, LOL) and I feel better than I have in years. I won't lie an say I'm completely "fit" at this weight because I didn't do the body building part of the equation. Maybe next.

Valerie Bertinelli was an inspiration for me as well. Not only because she is built like me but also because basically she has been someone I can relate to agewise

You can do this! We are all here to support you on your journey
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:27 AM   #5  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Welcome Trini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttrini View Post
I think I am gearing toward the eating healthy every 2-3 hours, and developing an exercise routine that includes weight training and cardio to tone me up. Sounds simple RIGHT? I know it won't be as I do absolutely nothing in the exercise dept. now.
Actually, you know what? It IS that simple! Not easy, nothing good is ever easy. But pretty much eat less, move more is the key. There are many many different ways of achieving the same result (reducing calories in, increasing calories out) but they all boil down to the same thing. Eat less, move more.

Good luck. Your plan sounds similar to mine. I'm doing it the slow but steady way - 28lb in over a year, and I'm nearly half way! But it's going to stay off, because this is a lifestyle change, not a diet.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #6  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone,

My name is Hannah and I'm a junior in High School. I relized one day last year that i'm going to be out of high school soon and my life is going in all different directions and i certinally don't want to be fat doing so. I made a commitment to become healthier and lose weight for my own sake.

My sister Amanda, starfishkitty, has had tremendous seccess and i hope to be seccessful just like her! Wish me goodluch on my journey!
HannahBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #7  
Beauty Is Within

S/C/G: 202/190/150

Height: 5'4

gooood luck with your journey!! trust me it will all be worth it !!
geminibella is offline   Reply With Quote