Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: starting weight 182 goal 150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Unhappy Hi 16 year old trying to lose 32 pounds nice to meet you.

Hi I'm Autumn and I just turned 16 and really need help to lose wight I am currently 182 -_- but my goal is 150 or even beter 140 but I have no idea how to start.
setsuhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #2  

There's a lot of good info on this website! Most of the people here seem to be calorie counters; there are lots of awesome calorie counting websites like sparkpeople.com, dailyplate.com, fitday.com, etc. I use caloriecount.about.com.

It's important to find how many calories you should be eating for your weight, height, and activity level. Online calculators can help you with that, but you might also have to do some tweaking as your journey progresses. Gradually start working in exercise and gradually start phasing out the high-calorie food is the best advice I can give for the beginning.

Good luck and welcome!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Hi Autumn, 3FC is a great site!

My suggestion for you starting off...is to begin a food journal..writing everything down. I'd also suggest making sure you eat at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies a day, lean cuts of mean..such as chicken, fish, etc. and drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. Also incorporate a lot of fibre into your diet.

Are you active or into any sports in school? If you're not, you could begin walking. I walked for almost the first year of losing weight...no other exercise..and it did wonders. Even if you can get out for a 20-30 minute brisk walk a day. I also bought some Tae Bo videos to do at home.

Wishing you lots of luck! I am glad you are doing something about this now at the age of 16 instead of like myself..let it go on and on..until I was miserable and 230lbs..lol.

Good luck...PM me if you have any questions!
Angela
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/183/165

Height: 5'10

Hey chick!

I totally understand where you're coming from - I'm a little older now than you are, but I've definitely been in your position! Good for you for taking action now. Trust me when I tell you that you CAN do this.

I know it seems daunting, but just take small steps towards getting healthier and they'll add up! The best advice I can give you right now is to take a look around the boards here and find some motivation - I have found some amazing advice and a lot of inspiration here!!

Be sure to ask as many questions as you want! We're all cheering for you!
funnycanadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone I went to an oline thing and I should consume 2200 calories a day to maitain weight and 1700 to lose weight. So how should I start with the food issue?
Old 10-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #6  

Perhaps a little enlightenment on what the "food issue" is? That term can encompass a lot of different things.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #7  

Oh I mean I really don't know what to eat and how much to since I'm a pickey eater -_-
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote