Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-29-2009, 02:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2

Cool Wish me luck!

Hello everyone!

I've been checking out this forum as a "guest" for a while now, and finally took the plunge and joined your community!

I'm 20 years old and am hoping to receive some support on my HEALTHY weight loss journey.

I'm hoping to lose about 30 or 35 lbs. I'm not entirely sure of my present weight as I don't own a functioning scale at the moment... but I am guessing it to be around 155. (I'm 5'1) - I'm not going to lie... I've been putting off buying a scale because I'm scared to face the numbers.

My weight has gone up and down in the past.... I have an eating disorder, so my previous methods of weight loss have been dangerous and unhealthy. For the most part, however, I've always been overweight.

This is literally my first healthy attempt at weight loss. I've been at it for a couple weeks and am counting calories and working out! So far so good!

I'm hoping that by counting calories I can prevent myself from eating too much OR too little, since in the past I've often resorted to simply not eating at all!

Oh, and I'm also one of the few overweight vegans out there! Been vegan for about 5 years- and I lost weight at first too, until I discovered how awesome I am at making vegan desserts

I just wanted to let you know how inspiring your stories are! I hope that I can feed off of some of your determination and be successful in my own journey!

Rose
rose89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello Rose! This is a great place to come for support. WELCOME!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Rose. Good luck. You can do it, we all can.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:36 AM   #4  

Hi Rose!

Welcome to the site!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Rose and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #6  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose89 View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been checking out this forum as a "guest" for a while now, and finally took the plunge and joined your community!

I'm 20 years old and am hoping to receive some support on my HEALTHY weight loss journey.

I'm hoping to lose about 30 or 35 lbs. I'm not entirely sure of my present weight as I don't own a functioning scale at the moment... but I am guessing it to be around 155. (I'm 5'1) - I'm not going to lie... I've been putting off buying a scale because I'm scared to face the numbers.

My weight has gone up and down in the past.... I have an eating disorder, so my previous methods of weight loss have been dangerous and unhealthy. For the most part, however, I've always been overweight.

This is literally my first healthy attempt at weight loss. I've been at it for a couple weeks and am counting calories and working out! So far so good!

I'm hoping that by counting calories I can prevent myself from eating too much OR too little, since in the past I've often resorted to simply not eating at all!

Oh, and I'm also one of the few overweight vegans out there! Been vegan for about 5 years- and I lost weight at first too, until I discovered how awesome I am at making vegan desserts

I just wanted to let you know how inspiring your stories are! I hope that I can feed off of some of your determination and be successful in my own journey!

Rose

Hi Rose,

Welcome, I think you'll like it here everyone is very suppostive and friendly. There is even a thread to help keep you accountable with exercise and everyone cheers everyone else on. I post there a lot it keeps me on track.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...ntability.html

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 08-29-2009 at 11:08 PM.
IgetfitNStrongforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #7  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! I'm glad you're here! Surf around and settle in. We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more!

Check out the 20 something forum and the Vegan forum for lots of fun and support. And, I'd encourage you to weigh yourself. You'll be so proud to see the numbers go down!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote